New Mexico
Options

El Zocalo

Have any of you been to a wedding at El Zocalo in Bernalillo or considered it for your ceremony? From the website, it seems nice and reasonably priced, but I haven't heard any talk about it.

Re: El Zocalo

• Options
    BeazillaBeazilla member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've contacted them about setting up an appointment to see the site before Tuesday so if that happens I'll let you know what I learn.
  • Options
    BeazillaBeazilla member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They have room for both a ceremony and reception. There's lots of room inside and a really nice courtyard in the middle. They'll set up the tables and chairs for you, but you do your own decorating. If you have alcohol, you'll need to hire security and they have a company that does it. There's a warming kitchen that you or your caterer could use.

We're going to do some of our engagement photos there. Since it's a public building, it's free to use the place to take pictures.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It sounds nice. I will definitely go visit! Thanks!
  • Options
    kbramlittkbramlitt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I toured it a few months ago but was not able to meet with the events person as he was out for the day.  There was, however, an event coordinator (not associated with El Zocalo) setting up for a reception.  We are looking at having around 100 for our reception and what I did not like about the place was some people would have to sit indoors and some would have to sit outside.  I prefer everyone be together.  Also, I felt like the hotel selections around there are either 5 star or 2 star.  Didn't seem like there were many between choices for lodging.  It is a great building though...I like the idea of having engagement photos there! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards