New Hampshire

Just a few questions for NH brides :)

Hello everyone! This is my third post on this discussion board and so far everything has been helpful. My fiance Jon and I have booked our venue at the Atkinson Resort and Country club. I have a few questions below that i need some help with.

1. I bought my dress at Davids bridal and i am very excited about it but i dont really want my bridesmaids to buy theirs there. I just want something fun and different and i have seen the davids bridal styles EVERYWHERE and i want them to be unique. Any suggestions of places with unique bridesmaids gowns in NH that is reasonably priced would be great.

2. DJ service is pretty important to me. I am looking for someone that is reasonably priced (under 1,000 if we can) and super high energy and fun. We also want to do uplighting as well seeing as it looks Gorgeous in the venue space. Any suggestions would be great.

3. I know NOTHING about flowers lol i really want lilacs but i heard that they will usually die pretty fast. I have looked online at purple wedding bouquets but i dont even know what half of the flowers are in the bouquets that i am looking at. Also i do not know what florist to use.

Any help would be much appreciated. THANKS!Laughing
You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without ~ Author Unknown ~

Re: Just a few questions for NH brides :)

• 1.  My bridesmaids got their dresses at Cristina's in Andover MA.  HUGE selection!

2.  Try DJ Lori D.  I paid $1000.00 for her. 

3.  We used Secret Eden for a florist.

Good luck!!!
  • I just booked Atkinson too! Great questions! I am curious about a DJ as well!

• are the dresses expensive at Chrstinas? I dont really want my girls spending over $150. I will look into DJ Lori thank you or the advice JennLaura.

Congrats Manda!!!! it is a gorgeous venue!
    You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without ~ Author Unknown ~
  • DJ- Tim Patoine from A Good Time DJs as AMAZING! Our guests loved him. He was high energy, crowd-pleasing, and overall a great guy! HIGHLY recommend. Flowers- We used Cobblestone Design Co. and have nothing but great things to say. I loved working with them and LOVED our flowers. Another strong recommendation! Good luck! :)
    Anniversary
  • edited June 2012
    We used Eric Fletcher of DJ Etc.   He was amazing, but I don't know that he does any uplighting.

I used a wholesale flower shop in Manchester and DIY'd my bouquet and centerpieces. You could go that route once you know what flowers you want to use. 

To figure out what flowers are used in a bouquet, try this:   Save the picture you like to your computer, go to Google Search & click on Images at the top of the page.  Click on the picture of the camera in the search field and upload the pic.  Hopefully you'll be able to find the original posting with a description.
    Anniversary
  • We are using DJ Shyne from ECF entertainment, we love his personality and how you can customize all your music choices through this on-line service that he offers. He also just started doing uplighting, and I believe it's pretty reasonably priced if you use it with the DJ services. He is located in Wakefield, MA though, so not sure if that would be too long of a drive for you. Happy planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1.) I used The Ultimate in Peabody, MA for Bridesmaids dresses... huge selection and we had a great experience

2.) DJ Dave Lynch! Can't say enough about him he was truly amazing! He is also starting to do uplighting

3.) I don't know too much about flowers either but I used Fresh Water Farms in Atkinson, NH. Rhonda is amazing and definitely has an eye for flowers.
  • I went to Ford Flowers in Salem, NH and the girl there was awesome at walking me through the flower process so I hope they come out good! I only really know the basic flowers and we sat and went through albums and she had tons of great ideas. I have calla lillies in our bouquets and mine are white that have purple inside (eggplant is our color). There are a lot of purple options! :)
  • 1.  We got our BM dresses at Marry and Tux. They were great and very affordable.

2.  Main Event DJ's- We used Billy Rears. He had a lot of energy and our guests loved him.

3.  DH's uncle is a florist and he did our flowers-He owns The Village Bouquet in Farmington, NH. He travelled to our wedding at The Granite Rose in Hampstead and has done other weddings in that area since then.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_just-a-few-questions-for-nh-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:101Discussion:5c1d8c63-37e7-45c1-89e4-d0cbcd575e39Post:531fdc3a-d422-4f39-97bb-53b85b2882ea">Re: Just a few questions for NH brides :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are using DJ Shyne from ECF entertainment, we love his personality and how you can customize all your music choices through this on-line service that he offers. He also just started doing uplighting, and I believe it's pretty reasonably priced if you use it with the DJ services. He is located in Wakefield, MA though, so not sure if that would be too long of a drive for you. Happy planning!
    Posted by anastassiiat[/QUOTE]

ECF has DJs all over; Josh Field did our wedding and it was AMAZING, several of my cousins said he was definitely the best DJ they have ever seen.  He is located in Salem, NH, so his travel costs might not be as expensive.  Jeff (DJ Shyne) and Josh are the owners and founders of ECF, and I believe are the most experienced DJs there; they have many others who they train quite rigorously, but who may not cost quite as much (Don't quote me on that though, I don't know for sure).  If you do talk to Josh, tell him Abbe & Hunter sent you ;)
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • We went to Marry & Tux in Nashua.  All of my girls picked different dresss and the prices were between $150-$200.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards