Ohio-Cincinnati

Sandalwood Ballroom at Oasis

I talked with the Oasis golf club this morning and they said based off my wedding size, they would probably put us in the sandalwood ballroom. Has anyone had their wedding in the particular room?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Sandalwood Ballroom at Oasis

• Are you getting the entire room? If you look at the facility information it breaks down into A, B and C - each of the smaller rooms hold 100 people max, which could feel too small or combined holds 340 people, which seems to be too large for the 80-100 people you were talking about earlier.

I have not held an event here but did go to a bridal show here. Just a word of caution - since I know you mentioned you are trying to plan from out of town. The restrooms were dated, (pink tile, if I remember correctly) dirty and some of the toilets were non-functioning. Maybe there are multiple restrooms in the space, but the ones I went in, I would not have wanted my guests to experience nor gone into with my wedding dress on.
  • My only issue with the Oasis is that only the largest room got windows and the others were just a normal banquet room. Personally, with his pretty the course is, I wanted everyone to be able to enjoy it until it gets dark out.  Not sure if it matters but that was just me.
  • Thank you so much for the responses and about the bathrooms. That can be a big deal. We are signed up to tour the venue and some others (madison, benchmark, park hills) in August when my fiance' and I come up for the Cinicnnati Bridal Expo. I have some others that I am going to look at too. I just really like the idea that it is all inclusive which is a huge plus since I am planning from out of town. Again, thank you so much for the help!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't have any specific info about the room you are talking about (and didn't go into the bathrooms) but I am having my reception there in the big ballroom and I am really pleased with the Oasis so far. They are really easy to work with and I was attracted by the all-inclusive part. It just seems like one less thing to do when they arrange the florist and cake lady to save your date. I really like that the floral centerpieces are included because those can be very costly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been to several events at the Madison and was in a wedding that had their reception at Park Hills Gardens. The madison has always really impressed me. Free valet parking, our glasses were never empty and the bartenders are always entertaining - the food was amazing!! As a guest I felt very well taken care of. Park Hills is nice but lacks the nice scenery around that you would find at the Oasis or a pretty building like The Madison.

Good luck with everything!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards