Students

Graduating...

Hello! I'm in a funk and could use some help. I have been trying to start planning our wedding; however we are having the hardest time picking a date. You see, we both should be graduation with our Masters this May and would like to have the date as April of 2011. We are afriad first that we won't be able to find jobs to finance such a celebration, or if we find jobs getting the time off that we need for the reception and honeymoon.
So what do you think? Should we take the plunge and pick a date and actually start planning (so I can get all the vendors I actually want) or should we wait?

Thanks!

Re: Graduating...

• I guess I would say it really depends on your current expenses and savings and what kind of a budget you are looking for.  Do you have any sort of savings right now that could contribute for your wedding?  Are you looking to spend a lot or really budget and DIY?  Those kinds of factors will most likely contribute to your decision.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I would not worry about the time off.... I'm sure any employer will be understanding about your wedding... just give a lot of advanced notice. other than that just look at your financials like sammichele said. Good luck!
  • I agree with pp. I don't think you need to worry about time off... I just accepted a job offer and I negotiated my vacation days for the wedding in advance.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards