Plus-Sized

Dresses for a wedding guest

Hi ladies....I am going to a wedding in about a month as a guest.  The wedding is at 5:30 and the reception is after until 12:30am at a country club.

I don't normally wear dresses...and I am having trouble finding one.  I tend to be frugal too which makes it harder.  Any suggestions on stores/websites to check out?

Re: Dresses for a wedding guest

• I would suggest ASOS, it's a British site, but they have free shipping and returns to the US. I've found great dresses on there as well as skirt/top options that could work for the wedding you are attending. 
  • You can check the website of your favorite department stores.  JCPenny, Macy's Dillards, Nordstorms, ect.  I've been loving Modcloth recently.  Not all their dresses are available in plus sizes, but if that is your style they are really cute.  Fashionbug, Lane Bryant, Deb Stores, OneStopPlus, Avenue.  You can check David's Bridal for special occasion dresses or bridesmaid dresses that are available for online purchase.  Those arrive within a week.  You could also go to the store and see if there is anything you like and buy it off the rack.

A nice pants suit could be just as appropriate for an evening wedding, if you really don't want to wear a dress.

This box shipped toys? No this box is toy! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Maurice's has cute dresses from time to time. And they are pretty reasonable.

• Depending on how dressy you're seeking, Botticelli in RI (only 25 minutes south of Patriot Place!) has a ton of stuff.  Don't let the strip mall fool you--Jan has tons of stuff.  http://www.botticelliri.com/

I also found a bunch of great stuff on the clearance rack at Lord and Taylor---for $35 dollars!  The dressy dresses aren't really seasonal, so the cobalt blue and bright purple I bought for the formal nights of our cruise were a steal!  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_dresses-for-a-wedding-guest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:3c70f9b6-16a3-4bfd-8f7b-90959476f598Post:47af6080-5720-4523-aad0-0b49706217f8">Re: Dresses for a wedding guest</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maurice's has cute dresses from time to time. And they are pretty reasonable.
    Posted by sweetredhead[/QUOTE]

I LOVE Maurice's - Ithink i own have the store!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards