Wedding Party

Wedding party gifts

What are you getting your bridesmaids and groomsmen for gifts for being in the wedding. I need fun and different ideas!

Re: Wedding party gifts

• Well, you should shop like it's their birthday, so what I got for my girls and FI got for his guys could mean absolutely nothing to you. You know them better than we do,

FI is getting them a nice cooler and filling it with their favorite beer. I got my girls personalized stationary sets from VistaPrint, since one just got a job where she would use it and the other loves that sort of thing. I also bought them pearl jewelry, not necessarily to wear at the wedding, because I bought them jewlery based on their tastes.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • I have all my bp gifts in my married bio. I shopped for them like it was their birthday and didn't get them things for our wedding.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • I shopped for them individually as well.  My gifts to them had zero to with my wedding.
  • It looks like I'm going to be chipping in to help cover my siblings' accommodations, so that may end up being part of their gift.  We haven't really done any shopping for them yet, but they're all going to get something specific to them.

My photographer does these really cute mini albums, so each attendant is getting one of those as well, but obviously that won't be until after the wedding.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • is it a bad idea to get my bridesmaids necklaces to wear for the wedding as part of their gift?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wedding-party-gifts-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:94337338-9c01-4a24-a126-dc1fe007a3f4Post:0394b6f8-86b6-4221-8e47-bb6647c6951c">Re: Wedding party gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]is it a bad idea to get my bridesmaids necklaces to wear for the wedding as part of their gift?
    Posted by demarcozimmy[/QUOTE]

<div>If you are requiring them to wear the necklaces they aren't a gift, they are part of the uniform.  I never like jewelry as a gift because most of the time is a cookie-cutter stuff and the same for every BM and is never something I like or would ever wear again.  It would be much more personal if the bride picked something that I might like and throw away the idea that all the BMs have to match, down to their jewelry.</div>
  • Well what if I get them all a piece of different jewelry that reflects their personality and I like, that goes with the dress? I trust most of my girls not to wear something thats gawwwwwdddyyy or doesnt match but I dont want someone to end up wearing gold when the shoes are silver, ya know what I mean?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wedding-party-gifts-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:94337338-9c01-4a24-a126-dc1fe007a3f4Post:ca7ae40d-bea2-4c05-b22d-e8e3ccc5391a">Re: Wedding party gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well what if I get them all a piece of different jewelry that reflects their personality and I like, that goes with the dress? I trust most of my girls not to wear something thats gawwwwwdddyyy or doesnt match but I dont want someone to end up wearing gold when the shoes are silver, ya know what I mean?
    Posted by Soexcitedtogetmarried![/QUOTE]

Since you trust them not to wear something that doesn't match, they can figure out whether their jewelry and shoes match.  If you do get them jewelry that happens to go with the dress but require them to wear it, it's not part of the gift.  They can always decide to wear it with the dress if they want to.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wedding-party-gifts-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:94337338-9c01-4a24-a126-dc1fe007a3f4Post:ca7ae40d-bea2-4c05-b22d-e8e3ccc5391a">Re: Wedding party gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well what if I get them all a piece of different jewelry that reflects their personality and I like, that goes with the dress? I trust most of my girls not to wear something thats gawwwwwdddyyy or doesnt match but I dont want someone to end up wearing gold when the shoes are silver, ya know what I mean?
    Posted by Soexcitedtogetmarried![/QUOTE]

It sounds like you want them to wear jewelry that you like and approve of.  If this is the case you need to buy it for them outside of their gift.

But, I'm sure they can choose their own jewelry and I'm sure they know how to match so maybe just save yourself the trouble and let them pick their own stuff.  If you are buying it for them (even if it reflects their personal taste) and are requiring they wear it for the wedding then it is not a gift.  Again, that makes it part of the uniform.
  • It's fine to buy them jewelry but if you require that they wear it it's not a gift.

If you give them items that go with the dress and that are of their personal taste, you may get BMs who are so pleased with the items that they wear them anyway.  That's what I just did as a BM...and I still wear the earrings on a daily basis.
  • Thank you banana468- that's what I was going for! and I plan to buy them a gift as well. I just want to get them all one bracelet and they can all wear whatever else they want as jewelry.
  • I'm not sure what the FI is doing for his GM yet, but my girls are getting jewelry.  I have a friend who makes and sells jewelry on Etsy, great stuff, I own a ton of it.  So I had them look at her website and either create their own or pick something she's already made.  They can get a full jewelry set (necklace, earrings and bracelet), or just one or two pieces.  So far, they've really liked it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards