June 2013 Weddings
Options

DJ Woes

So our wedding DJ has left us high and dry. We have spent months trying to get a hold of him, and I finally had to tell my FI that enough was enough. If he wanted our business and to continue our friendship he would have called us back or emailed us. (He was a good friend of FI's that owns a karaoke and DJ company. When we got engaged in March he agreed to DJ for us, and told us he would reserve our date and send over a contract ASAP. We never got the contract, and in July we asked for it again with no response.)

Now I am having trouble finding an affordable DJ that is free on our wedding date. I know I should have started looking for a new DJ sooner, but I haven't really had the time nor the money for the down payment. Most of the responses I have received today have been along the lines of "I'm sorry but we are already fully booked for that evening."  /end rant.
Its not the destination so much as the journey, they say. - Captain Jack Sparrow Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DJ Woes

• Options
    Oh gosh...I'm sorry your fiance's friend left you hanging like that. That's so crummy. I hope you find a DJ soon!!
  • Options
    That sucks that your FI's friend let you down like this. Did you try asking for recommendations on your local board, maybe they'll know of someone who would still be available?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I finally found an affordable.(I think) and local DJ! He is coming to my house on Monday night to go over everything he has to offer.

He has a "No Frills" package for $100 an hour, and that is what I am looking for.
    (Will play music for the Ceremony, Cocktail hour, and Reception, as well as taking care of all announcements.)
    I have no idea if this is
    Its not the destination so much as the journey, they say. - Captain Jack Sparrow Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards