June 2012 Weddings

People are dropping out from my bach. party like flies

So my bach. party is this weekend and within the last 5 min. 2 people bailed and aren't coming and now the person who told me the 2 people bailed said now that they bailed she can only come one night.  I just want to cry and cancel the whole thing!!! why is it the one thing that i shouldn't be stressing over is making me more stressed then the wedding.

Re: People are dropping out from my bach. party like flies

• I don't think you should stress too much over the Bach. party, I'd focus more on the wedding day. (Although I understand how it must feel to have people back out, definitely a bummer). 

However, no matter who comes to your Bach. party, don't let it get your spirits down, it will be fun and take advantage of that night to really let off some steam and have fun! 

You want to focus on the wedding, because that's the day that really matters Wink
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_bach-party-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:8a66ec75-c8f6-4cb9-8c14-41305e1ff218Post:dc0d8aa0-bd05-4877-99ac-f9e7220ca1c0">Re: People are dropping out from my bach. party like flies</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think you should stress too much over the Bach. party, I'd focus more on the wedding day. (Although I understand how it must feel to have people back out, definitely a bummer).  However, no matter who comes to your Bach. party, don't let it get your spirits down, it will be fun and take advantage of that night to really let off some steam and have fun!  You want to focus on the wedding, because that's the day that really matters 
    Posted by sgridley24[/QUOTE]

agree with all of this
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Don't be upset!  My bach party was also Saturday and there were a ton of fiascoes.  The limo was supposed to include free cover at a bunch of bars and the cards they gave us to show were expired.  These cards were also buy one drink get one free coupons, so everyone ended up spending more than they should have.  When I found out I got pissed and walked out of the bar to give the limo driver a piece of my mind, which resulted in my sister throwing a mini temper tantrum and crying because I walked out of the bar.  She's a lunatic, so I expected an episode, but seriously?

One of my girls ended up having bathroom issues at every place we went, another tried to get her bf and his friends to come meet us, and another girl had some psycho guy threatening to punch her in the face.  Also one of my friends was going to meet us out and drive to the different bars (basically to get out of contributing to the limo) and then she came along in the limo anyway.  Needless to say, I was pretty pissy all night but now that its been a couple days I'm over it. 

I guess the point of this vent was that it is what it is and you can't force people to behave how you want.  Just try to go with the flow (I find that shots help).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • yeah, a bunch of people flaked out on me too.

but we still had fun with the people that bothered to be there!
    i'm just greatful that my friends planned everything so successfully even with people's non-answers about attendance.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards