Massachusetts-Boston

Inexpensive receptions locations in Back Bay

I know, there's no such thing, right?

My fiance and I are getting married in May 2014, and the ceremony is in the Back Bay.  We're looking for a place to have the reception that won't cost us 20 grand.  

Any ideas?  
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Inexpensive receptions locations in Back Bay

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_inexpensive-receptions-locations-in-back-bay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:eb1c385f-bffe-44ad-83d5-b7e346899deePost:a8e8ec0a-e92e-4a76-a1de-02207376ed10">Inexpensive receptions locations in Back Bay</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know, there's no such thing, right? My fiance and I are getting married in May 2014, and the ceremony is in the Back Bay.  We're looking for a place to have the reception that won't cost us 20 grand.   Any ideas?  
    Posted by AlmostMrsMags[/QUOTE]

You could look into the Old State House or some of the other historical buildings - not quite Back Bay but it isn't too far. The rental fee is not bad (I think less than 2,000), and then you would have to bring in all other vendors.

Also, check out the Hampshire House.
  • The Hampshire House is on our list -- they do a brunch buffet that may be perfect.  I hadn't thought of the Old State House -- thanks for the idea!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards