Alaska

Looking for Anchorage vender feedback

Wondering if anyone out there has any Great, Good, Bad or Ugly things to say about local cake people, DJ's and florist's. I am planning our wedding for 8/2011 in Anchorage, and welcome your comments and thoughts.

Thank you

Re: Looking for Anchorage vender feedback

• arthomas82arthomas82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey I sent you a private message - I think I might know you!
  • arthomas82arthomas82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OOPS I was thinking that I was in the Arizona board and that you had posted something about Anchorage - haha, never mind!Embarassed
  • edited December 2011

DJ-wise M&M Productions = Terrible. I have been to two weddings they DJ'd at. BOTH times the DJ was still drunk from the night before. At the first wedding he was hitting on a married woman-in front of her husband, over the mic -so everyone got to hear what he was saying.

Both brides were upset that this DJ did play their requested music and when one of them asked him to play a certain song he refused because the song was "gay" in his opinion.

Cake-wise I am very pleased with Cupcake Delight. We are getting married in July and have had two tastings with them thus far. They also hold a tasting each month of diffrent flavors that is open to the public.
    Great tasting/looking cupcakes.

• edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for your imput I had not heard of Cupcake Delight and will for sure check them out. Also I have been hearing very bad things about DJ-wise M&M Productions from a lot of different people. thank you for passing that along.
  • edited December 2011
    I have had a wonderful experience with Lisa at the Carrs in Aurora Village floral department.  She does amazing arrangements at unbelievable prices and is very nice to work with. 
  • edited December 2011
    We're using 5 Star Entertainment for music. I found someone to make a cake and do photography on Craigslist(pm for details) and got flowers and dresses via the Internet. Catering is done by 2 family friends. One is a professional chef, the other does food for her church. Another friend is doing video and coordinating.

Slim pickings and outrageous prices in Alaska, that's why we've gone a somewhat non-traditional route.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards