Illinois-Chicago

Need last minute secular officiant...please HELP!

I lurk here a lot, and everyone is always so helpful so I thought I'd give it a shot.  I'm getting married in Kildeer at the end of September and our officiant just told us he can't make it.  We are really in a scramble to find someone and would really like a secular officiant (a judge or just someone not affiliated with any religion).  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

Re: Need last minute secular officiant...please HELP!

• edited December 2011
    Depending on your county, you may be able to ask a friend or family member to be ordained through one of the Universal Life Churches online.

Then you can work with someone close to you to write a ceremony entirely to your liking. Since that's what we did (and we wrote a secular ceremony) I don't have any other recommendations but I'm sure some other Knotties do.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Try Hon. E Thomas Lang if he is not already booked. He can be reached at tlang@vows4you.com or 847-858-7627.
  • edited December 2011
    Here's the officiant that we're looking at. She seems really great and might be what you're looking for :)
    Her name is Marguerite Griffin with Meaningful Moments. The website is: http://meaningfulmarguerite.com/
    Hope that helped. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!  I'm not really sure how this works as this is my first post...but you can reach a really great guy who is ordained but not affiliated with any church at msmithjr@gmail.com

good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards