Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Gift for Dad

This is my first post! I've been engaged for about 6 months and am getting married 9/25/10.. I have started thinking about gifts for groomsmen, bridesmaids and parents.. I have them all figured out except my dad... My dad is what you would call "Mr. Mom".  I go to for advice on basically anything.  He is so important to me and I want the perfect thank you gift.. He doesn't wear jewelry, he does like sports and skiing.  I was thinking of yankees tickets but the wedding is at the end of the baseball season so don't think that would work.  Any thoughts?? Hoping to stay around a $100 budget.  Thanks!

FYI - Getting the groomsmen omaha steak gift packages, coach wristelets for the bridesmaids (there is an outlet near me) and a coach purse for my mom.

Re: Gift for Dad

• Options
    I know you said he doesn't wear jewelry... but maybe a watch??  It would connect with your other gifts pretty well.  What is you FH planning for his folks? Maybe that could help.

I'm struggling with this as well.  I already started collecting the BM gift package.  But I am completely stumped on my parents.  They are the kind of people who don't really need anything - and when they do, they get if themselves.
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat..  My parents have EVERYTHING and don't want anything either.

What about a nice bottle of wine (if he drinks) and a heartfelt letter from you?  You could add a hotel or dining gift certificate as well.

Good luck! 

PS Jealous of your Coach-wristlet-getting-bridesmaids!! :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the ideas... My sister actually got my dad a watch for her present to him at her wedding (my idea!!!) but that was a great thought.  I like the bottle of wine and maybe restaurant gift card.  My mom suggested something with the beatles (they have all their records in a whole cd package or something), we will have to see!!  Parents are tough!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards