Favors

Favor help

My favor idea for my Las Vegas wedding:
Some kind of box filled with candies (mints, M&Ms, or our personal favorite- gummy bears) with a $1 poker chip from the hotel we're getting married at attached somehow. I have already printed business card thank you tags to attach somehow (I got a VP coupon and took advantage).

My FMILs favor idea:
Cake servers (click)

Opinions on either one are appreciated! Any good arguments I can use for edible favors (which I have always preferred)?

Re: Favor help

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Food and the poker chip for sure.  FWIW:  I think that the cake server is not terribly useful.  And perhaps it's just me, but that particular one is very, very phallic looking.

People will leave the cake server behind, and then what do you with all of the left-overs.  If it's m&ms left over, you get to enjoy them!!

"Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    M&Ms and poker chip sound great! 

Edible favors are great.  They do not stay in a person's home forever and ever collecting dust and causinghte owner to feel guilty when they want to throw it away.  There is a general success rule about gifts - when in doubt go with something that is consumable.  (Gas card, wine, food, lotion).  That way when it isn't a "perfect gift" that's OK, it is used and gone!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • mcskatcatmcskatcat member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Option number one all the way.  I do not like that cake server at all, and I promise you that if I don't, there will surely be guests that feel similarly. 
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Big no to the cake server--I don't even understand that.

Your idea is much better.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, everyone, for making me feel a little more sane.
  • edited December 2011
    The cake server doesn't even make sense. To be honest most people don't even own cake servers anymore unless your wedding set sitting on a self...and that's coming from an avid home baker who entertains a lot.

I love that your idea goes with your wedding theme. I really love the poker chip idea. I'm not a super sentimental person but I would hang onto the chip as keepsake. And who doesn't love candy?
    Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I agree about the cake server, but my FMIL was like "You know how when you have parties and you have like 5 or 6 cakes and only two cake servers? Who *doesn't* need an extra?" Um... no, that has never happened to me, honestly.

We thought that people could either hang on to the chip if they were sentimental, or use it if they didn't care (not that $1 will get them very much!)
  • unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think candy and a poker chip sounds like a fun idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards