40-Plus Brides
Options

I can't make this stuff up...

Well, well ... I thought the coffee beans, plants and trees were the most unusual "unity ceremonies," until I saw this ...

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_excited

I guess the upside is, since they know what they're doing, it should be safe.  *sigh*

Re: I can't make this stuff up...

• Options
    My FI doesn't like the Unity candles or the sand. I am doing something he doesn't even know about.

Tucked in my bridal bouquet will be 3 white single roses. When I walk down the aisle, before I reach him, I am stopping, taking out a rose, and handing it to my mother, and kissing her cheek. Ceremony continues. When my new husband and I are heading back down the aisle, I will stop and take out the other roses, one at a time, and hand one to his mother and kiss her cheek, then stop and do the same for his step mother (don't want drama and there would be if I didn't include her) lol

Symbolizing the unity of the two families now combined
  • Options
    Wow.  To each his own for sure.  I've no idea what I want to do to symbolize our union but it won't be that for sure.

@Karennrob - that's a nice idea!

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_40-plus-brides_cant-this-stuff-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:69dea60c-2319-4015-8380-4a5cc0f18476Discussion:21c49fa5-ddc7-42ce-9930-de2e866c1ce9Post:6a8c0b78-9e11-43b9-b42e-50012e92c5d9">Re: I can't make this stuff up...</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's weird but hey to each his own. I do like it better than sand.  I am doing ice turning into water.  It's gonna be a long ceremony. 
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

As always, you crack me up!
  • Options
    That's beyond nerdy!  We are doing the sand ceremony but it's going into a specially made hourglass.  We are both "water" people so we knew we wanted to do the sand but didn't just want a jar of it sitting around.

@Karen, that is a beautiful idea!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_40-plus-brides_cant-this-stuff-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:69dea60c-2319-4015-8380-4a5cc0f18476Discussion:21c49fa5-ddc7-42ce-9930-de2e866c1ce9Post:6a8c0b78-9e11-43b9-b42e-50012e92c5d9">Re: I can't make this stuff up...</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's weird but hey to each his own. I do like it better than sand.  I am doing ice turning into water.  It's gonna be a long ceremony. 
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

Totally LOL'd!!!  I think it's a cute idea and it certainly is unique to their personalities!!!  Both FI and I are closet dorks and I think I can say for the both of us that we'd think it was cool!!!  LOL  Of course FI isn't into the whole unity ceremony thing at all and it's still undetermined what, if anything, we are going to do, but he'd just like the idea of the whole science thing going on.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    I'm still the old-fashioned sort who believes that the entire wedding ceremony is about unity, and thus that there is no need to add a unity ceremony to it.  But to each her own!
  • Options

@Lucy--I suggested Sea Monkeys--they grow pretty fast don't they?

@Dot--you could always pour warm whisky over that ice to help in the thawing process.  wink wink

@Karen--I think that is a sweet sentiment too.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    and I thought I was geeky, nerdy for attempting to make paper flowers. I'm so glad I'm not doing anything "unity".  I did the candle and it never made any sense to me as to why.  I still think saying I DO and a ring on my finger says it all.
    Created by Wedding Favors
  • Options
    I agree with 2dBride - the ceremony is about the uniting of two people as one unit within the covenant of marriage. 

I am not doing sand/candles or Science 101 either.  When I read that thread the image popped into my head of it foaming over and spilling all over the bride/groom/minister.  That would make it memorable for sure. 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards