Massachusetts-Boston

Venue Help for Budget Wedding

Hi all,

I'm turning to my fellow brides and brides to be for some advice. My fiance and I want to get married on September 1st of next year. My dream venue, the Smith Barn in Peabody MA is booked. We are looking for a country/vinatge feel on a budget. I want the reception in a barn, and I'm having trouble finding anything that isn't Western Mass. Any and all suggestions are welcome. I'm looking to get it in the North Shore area, and we are having about 160 guests. I picked September 1st because usually Sunday weddings are more affordable, but the next day is memorial day so most will have it off anyway. It is also the in-laws anniversary and that means a lot to us. The more unique the better :)

thanks again for your help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Venue Help for Budget Wedding

• You could look into Smolak Farms in North Andover.  The reception is in a tent, but the venue is really pretty in an apple orchard.

• You could try the Rockport Art Museum.  The buildings are old barns.  The Hart House in Ipswich has a barn like feel.  The Crane Estate also rents a couple of places that are barns/farms/old taverns.  GL
  • Samantha3434Samantha3434 member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    Alfafa Farm WInery in Topsfield. Not much on the site, but if you google it there's some cute pics.
  • I was also in love with the Smith Barn and it was completely booked when I called as well. But I found the 1640 Hart House and I love it! It has that rustic feel that the Smith Barn has and is extremely affordable and has amazing food, definitley check it out :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks ladies! This is proving to be difficult as I'm currently living in South Carolina, and the wedding with be in Mass. Putting a lot of pressure of my maids of honor. (glad I have two!!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Blissful Meadows Golf Course in Uxbridge is beautiful. My fiance and I are getting married there in a few weeks. The club house was originally an old barn, so the inside is all exposed beams and dark wood. They are very affordable and the food is out of this world. They also recommed a lot of vendors (we chose our dj from his list and he has been great so far).
  • Check out the Pembroke Country Club - Big Venue beatiful grounds and very affordable I am getting married there in April of 2013.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards