New Hampshire
Options

band or dj?!!

Im having a really hard time deciding what to do. I always wanted a band but not I sort of feel like there is something special about having a band. My fiance also things that a band is a lot of fun but wants to hear songs the way he knows them so we looking into dj/band combos. THe idea sounds great, but the price compared to a dj is A LOT! Iknow its our wedding, and its a once in a lifetime thing, but I just cant decide. Its not just paying for the band but then you also pay for the band members. By the time all is said and done its about 7400 before tip. I can get 2 djs for around  1800. I just cant decide! Only one wedding ive been to has had a band and weve hada  great time at all the weddings weve gone to. What are everyone's thoughts on this? THANKS!!

Re: band or dj?!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought a band would be cool too, but I couldn't afford the price tag.  And the DJ we had was amazing and everyone was on the dance floor all night long.  I don't regret our decision at all.  Yes a band would've been cool, but for us it wasn't worth the money.
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is nothing comparable to good live music. If a band was originally your instinct, then stick to your gut. My fiance and I have been seeing bands every weekend for the past month or two, and the more we go see, the better and believe it or not, the less expensive they have gotten. The typical wedding bands seem to be pricier, but if you look into bands that play out more often, you are almost guaranteed to have a solid live show. Some bands are also willing to compromise with the price if you tell them straight up what your budget is. Figure out what exactly you can afford to spend, then go from there. At minimum, go see a few live shows before you rule in favor of or against a band at your wedding. Best of luck!
  • Options
    mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think a band would be really cool....hadn't even considered one until after we had already booked our DJ.  But they are very expensive and I'm not sure our budget would have allowed for that cost anyway.  Just remember that bands need to take breaks--so they'd need to have some recorded tunes to fill in.  Also, would they play during your 'dances' or other events---do they know your songs?  Would they emcee your introductions, cake cutting, etc?  (Just things to consider).
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards