African American Weddings
Options

Spandex Chair Covers

What are your opinions on spandex chair covers?  Has anyone been to a wedding with these chair covers?  I'm not a big fan of chair covers and I was considering chiavari chairs but I saw the spandex chair covers online and if they're cheaper then I would consider using them. Thoughts...

Re: Spandex Chair Covers

• Options
    edited December 2011

My planner also has a catering and linen company, so I'm using them at no extra charge. I think the alternative ones have too much fabric and make me uncomfortable.

Here's them at another function in my venue.

And the alternative (yowza).

ETA the chivari chairs would have cost me $6 apiece.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The last wedding I went to had the big chair covers and my heel got stuck in the fabric and I almost tripped (I'm clumsy).  After that I said I would not have those at my wedding.  I did find chiavari chairs for $4.95 per chair but I think if the spandex covers are cheaper I may use them and spend the difference in money on something else.
  • Options
    chescamchescam member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wanted chiavari chairs too. I love the look they give a room.  But my parents said that chiavari chairs are uncomfortable and prefer the chair cover look. 

I then turned to spandex covers. After getting in touch with one of the few places that had them, I was informed that they were discontinuing them :(. So I had no choice but to get the chair covers, They are somewhat fitted though. Since chairs weren't a high priority on my list, I'm not complaining. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I like the look of a spandex covers. My wedding planner said that it works best for a contemporary look. Since my decor is traditional she suggested I shouldn't use them. I'll trust her judgement. If my reception is a success everyone needs to be on the dance floor most of the time anyway.

Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have sworned myself off of chair covers, as I also got my heel caught in one.  I am using chiavari chairs for my wedding.  The spandex ones look pretty, and I definitely prefer them to the regular ones.
  • Options
    hatroopeshatroopes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not a fan of chair covers, but the spandex ones are nice. I'm having chiavari chairs at my wedding - I love how they seem to completely transform the room
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had never heard of spandex options until now. FI said no to the chiavari chairs. he said they look like something from Survivor. I think they look lovely but they are like $5 a piece so then he really said no!

We are using regular chair covers that come with the venue.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hadn't thought about spandex chair covers even though I know my venue offers spandex high table covers.  I am emailing my planner/decorator now to see if I can get the spandex chair covers instead of the chiavari chairs.  The chiavari chairs are nice but I may go with the spandex due to cost.  Thanks for posting.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mlewis85mlewis85 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wanted chivari chairs but my FI said they look uncomfortable so spandex chair covers are on the top of my list.  They have them for tables and centerpieces too.  I haven't seen them in person but if you do a google image search you'll find a ton of pictures.  Even those with more traditional decor.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sugexp=pfwc&cp=10&gs_id=v&xhr=t&q=spandex+chair+covers&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1564&bih=759&wrapid=tljp131723191440708&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi
  • Options
    deet106deet106 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Me and the FI are in disagreement about the chairs. I want chiavari chairs and he wants chair covers. I never have been a fan of chair covers but the spandex ones do not look bad. May have to consider those, if he doesn't budge, plus I can't find the chiavari chair for less than $7.50 here in Cleveland!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards