South Dakota

Worst experience at the Flower Mill

Last week I made an appointment at the Flower Mill to have a consultation to see what they have to offer for flowers for my wedding. I took the day off of work and had my mom and grandma come with me. I was so excited to go and see what they have because I heard good reviews from other people. We get there five minutes before our appointment and they told me they were "too busy with other arrangements" to keep the appointment and that I should come back. I was EXTREMELY disappointed in the lack of customer service and professionalism they had. Really???...I know where I'm NOT getting my flowers!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Worst experience at the Flower Mill

• anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i considered them as well and had less than stellar service. My main problem was that they seemed to charge 50% more than most of the other people i talked to.
  • SFWOSFWO member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a local wedding officiant and I work with brides daily.  I can not speak for all my brides but I can tell you that if you are looking for a professional, creative and fun florist who believes only in making sure that her clients are happ visit Gayle at the Creative Chick.  Gayle will meet with you, work on your budget and her flowers are fresh.  Her bouquets have been known to last for over a week without turning brown.  This is so important, you definately want your flowers to stay fresh at least for the day due t photos.  I highly recommend Creative Chick.  PS Im not paid to say this either.  LOL
  • LibbyC730LibbyC730 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What I like about Flower Mill is all their prices are posted up front on their literature.  However, based on what I'm reading here, I'm not sure I'll get past their flyers!  Any other reccomendations?
  • This is Stacy from The Flower Mill and I just stumbled across these postings.  I do remember the day Mary came in; we had a funeral that was just called in that morning and usually that never happens.  I asked her if she could just give me one more hour to finish a casket spray and then I would sit with her.  I also called her and apologized and tried to make it right.   I try very hard to give everyone a free consultation and I work with all different budgets.  As for the comment that i charge 50 percent more???  I have actually heard several times that we are very reasonable.  Check out our work on facebook.  The Flower Mill - Sioux Falls  or Pinterest :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards