Wedding Reception Forum
Options

paper lanterns-not allowed to hang-ideas?

I have some paper lanterns that I want to use around the room, but we cannot hang them from the cieling at our venue

I was thinking putting them on the gift table, place card table, around the studio photographer etc.

How do you think it would work out? Any ideas on how else to use them?

I've seen them hanging off plants as centerpieces but im not sure if i want to do that.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: paper lanterns-not allowed to hang-ideas?

• Options
    Google "paper lantern centerpiece" because there are a ton of ways you can use them at a table - not even necessarily as a centerpiece, but as something on a table.  
  • Options
    If you are using any fabric swags or bunting-type things along the front of tables or along backdrops, you could use them there. There are some really cool ideas if you Google as mcskatcat suggested, too. 

Just curious, why won't venue allow them?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_paper-lanterns-not-allowed-to-hang-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:7b158114-7867-402b-a867-cae36dc43d98Post:26cee138-1412-4fab-b2b3-029524e8d17f">Re: paper lanterns-not allowed to hang-ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you are using any fabric swags or bunting-type things along the front of tables or along backdrops, you could use them there. There are some really cool ideas if you Google as mcskatcat suggested, too.  Just curious, why won't venue allow them?
    Posted by willywally5[/QUOTE]

<div>two reasons. If i get them, an insured vendor has to set up and take down,</div><div>and the vendor would need to find ways to hang without puncturing or even putting tape on the ceiling. the only way would be for them to set up sort of like a lattice frame around the whole room...cant find anyone in SNJ looking to do that</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You could possibly use something like a shepards hook stand but I don't think that's going to have the same effect you want.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards