Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

What happens to my wedding website after the day has passed?

Creating my Knot wedding website was one of the highpoints of planning my wedding and I want to have this as a keepsake. Moreover, I want to post some wedding pics for people to view AFTER the wedding.  What happens to the site after the date?  If anyone knows, please let me know.  Thanks

Re: What happens to my wedding website after the day has passed?

• Creating my Knot wedding website was one of the highpoints of planning my wedding and I want to have this as a keepsake. Moreover, I want to post some wedding pics for people to view AFTER the wedding. What happens to the site after the date? If anyone knows, please let me know. Thanks
  • I think they do disappear at some point. I know my college roommate's did, but this was a few years ago and I have NO idea who her host was.
    Mine is still up over 3 months later, but I printed out all of the pages just in case it disappears one day. I spent a lot of time on it, and I want to remember it!
    Think about it, if your names are Ashley and James, chances are, if it was a free host, they're going to want to reuse the domain name at some point. Just a thought.
  • pamiCD1pamiCD1 member
    First Comment
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_what-happens-to-my-wedding-website-after-the-day-has-passed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:1fd77ad2-6b7e-4930-b9e2-207dec47196aPost:73930c9c-6105-4e3d-9fb7-dce14d4ee11f">Re: What happens to my wedding website after the day has passed?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think they do disappear at some point. I know my college roommate's did, but this was a few years ago and I have NO idea who her host was. Mine is still up over 3 months later, but I printed out all of the pages just in case it disappears one day. I spent a lot of time on it, and I want to remember it! Think about it, if your names are Ashley and James, chances are, if it was a free host, they're going to want to reuse the domain name at some point. Just a thought.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much!  I spent alot of time on mine also, and I think that printing the pages is a great idea! I just have to find where they have the option to print!!!  Appreciate if you could guide me on this.  Thanks
  • cwaggoner07cwaggoner07 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited October 2012
    I didn't do anything fancy, I just did File -> Print on my browser and they all just kind of printed as is. I went to every single page and printed it. I'm going to put it in our wedding book somehow...
  • I can't remember when I last checked for mine, but it's probably about a year and a half. 

Incidentally---as long as you're printing your website, make sure you print a copy of your registries. We've been married for just under 2 years and Bed Bath & Beyond still has ours, but Crate & Barrell went away after 18 months. It's really helpful to know what you got in case you need to replace anything--especially something that's been discontinued. 

• I have been married for 19 months and it is still up. However,I did print a copy of my wedding website just in case.
  • Another option is doing something like signing up at WordPress and using one of their blog templates.  Then, just copy and paste all your information over.  Chances of a WP blog going away, as long as you log into it from time to time, are slim to none.

Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength, and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend. - Andrew Futral

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards