Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Second Guessing

So it is only a few months before my wedding and I feel like I am starting to have second thoughts about my dress.  I worry that it is too big/heavy/poofy.  Does/has anyone else felt like this?  I think it is because I went dress shopping with a friend of mine who is getting married next year and was watching her try on so many that I got myself confused. Maybe once I go back in for alteraltions..........

Re: Second Guessing

• Options
    loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't bought my dress yet, and I am already feeling like this. I will try on a dress and love it, then a few days later I will find something that I am not thrilled about with or think that if I keep looking I will find something I like better. I hope I will be able to make a decision!

Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hear a lot of knotties talk about second guessing their dresses. Go back and try it on at the store (or at home if you have it) and take some pictures of you in it.  My funk lasted about a week and half.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know exactly how you feel!  However, I just ordered my dress, and I'm already second-guessing my decision.  When I tried on dresses, I liked the top but not the bottom, or the front, but not the back.  I'm picky, and I'm indecisive.  Finally, I ordered a dress I thought was pretty.  I liked the feel of the satin, and it looked more elegant than others I'd tried on.  Of course, when I looked at the picture online when I got home, the picture didn't do it justice, and I started to wonder if I'd made the right decision.  My plan now is not to look at the picture of it online and wait until it comes in.  I chose the dress for a reason, and I think I'll love it when I see it again.
  • Options
    bbohacbbohac member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i agree with pp, i bought my dress a year and a half out (i got mine at a running of the brides event, a deal that was too good to pass up). I watch "say yes to the dress" all the time and second guess but I've had two fittings and fall in love with my dress every time i put it on. So just trust that you bought the right dress for you!
  • Options
    emilyj77emilyj77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel that way everytime I watch Say Yes to the Dress, but then I look at a picture of myself in my dress and remember how I felt when I first tried it on. I had been to so many stores and tried on a lot of dresses. My dress was the first time it felt like a wedding gown and not a really big party dress. And I could picture myself walking down the aisle in it. So trust your first instincts and try to remember the things you liked about the dress.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    cukimerrydollcukimerrydoll member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Write down why you love it and put it next to a picture of the dress (you in it or the model, depending) on your mirror/nightstand/convenient place.

For me, I love the cut, the buttons, the wrap on top, the staff at the salon (yes, they were that awesome), that my MIL picked it out (she and I are basically the same person), it has pockets (!), it's a ballgown, so it has all the drama that will take my FH's breath away!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dress shopping is nutty, I went to 6 stores in the twin cities. Put a deposit on one that was 4K + and thought it was the one. We took a trip to NYC and I saw what was out there on the east coast and it changed things completely. My photographer also had about 50 different styles of dresses from past weddings on his laptop he showed me. It helped to see what dresses looked like from a photog

• Options
    NuggetBrainNuggetBrain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually bought my dress the first place I went to try them on back in July.  It was the second to last dress I tried.  My mom loved it and I thought it was pretty so we bought it.  I am having second thoughts too.  It doesn't help that I couldn't fit into it, so it was hard to get a good idea of what exactly I was going to look like with one that fit.  And it won't get here until next month.  Hopefully I will change my mind and like it again when I see it on me in my size.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards