New Mexico
Options

photographer

At first FI and I were thining of having a family member take pictures at our wedding. We don't want an formal album, just nice pictures.
Since neither of us are particularly photogenic, I am now considering a "professional" to do most of the pictures.
How do I go about finding a good amature photographer in my area? Google and Bing are not getting me any good results.
Some times the right guy does come aroud twice!******** checkoutmybio Wedding Countdown Ticker image 120 Invited!
image 83 Are coming to share our joy!
image 37 Will be missing out!
image 0 Are Driving me crazy by not retruning that postage paid card! We called on the due date and pestered for answers!

Re: photographer

• Options
    pennylppennylp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At first FI and I were thining of having a family member take pictures at our wedding. We don't want an formal album, just nice pictures.
    Since neither of us are particularly photogenic, I am now considering a "professional" to do most of the pictures.
    How do I go about finding a good amature photographer in my area? Google and Bing are not getting me any good results.
    Some times the right guy does come aroud twice!******** checkoutmybio Wedding Countdown Ticker image 120 Invited!
    image 0 Are Driving me crazy by not retruning that postage paid card! We called on the due date and pestered for answers!
  • Options
    topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Post on your local board....they will probably be able to give you some recs.

Have you checked out the Local tab up top? The Knot has a list of photographers in different areas...maybe there is someone nearby?

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    pennylppennylp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am really looking for an amature, not a professional -
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She's a professional, but very budget friendly...Creative Portraits by Dolores (<---- link).  
    Damn you Nest for screwing up my siggy!

.: Diary of a Recovering Runner :.

Vacation
  • Options
    leannsoleannso member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We found our photographer on Craigslist.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Portraits by Dolores and really enjoyed working with her. I have link on Facebook. Just friend request me and you can see my pics. Inexpensive!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When is your wedding?
  • Options
    Caraydo84Caraydo84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     the perfect wedding guide website has a list of local photogs you can check out, also ask your other vendors. They all know each other and could possibly get you a deal by going through them. Especially your reception venue. They depend on each other and word of mouth refferals so ask ask ask!!!
    November '10 SC: Favorite Fictional Coupleimagemy BIO updated 10/20/10 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    NickDanielleBNickDanielleB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    www.talithatarro.com

she's doing our wedding and is wonderful to work with. She also did our engagement pictures. I've had a bunch of friends use her for their wedding, we can't wait to see what she does with our wedding.
  • Options
    zoeandersonzoeanderson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Jamie... www.jamieseye.com

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Someone mentioned finding a photography student - you'll get the training and experience for a reduced price compared to someone with a professional business already up and running.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards