April 2013 Weddings

Boudoir photography

Soo excited that I think I've decided on doing a boudoir shoot with this fabulous photographer I found in my area (wedding photog is a guy, didn't wanna go there lol). It's not something I would usually do but I think it will be a HUGE surprise for my FI on our wedding night and I'm really excited. Anyone else doing this??
158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Boudoir photography

• I'm thinking about it :-)  I'm torn between giving him the pictures the night before the wedding, the day of or maybe even waiting for our first anniversary.  I can't decide but I do know of a photographer in my area that is amazing with this!!
  • I'm thinking about it :-)  I'm torn between giving him the pictures the night before the wedding, the day of or maybe even waiting for our first anniversary.  I can't decide but I do know of a photographer in my area that is amazing with this!!
  • I am doing it.

We really didn't want to do engagement photos, so my photog said I could just use that session for boudoir photos. But because she is awesome she is going to do a mini 'engagement' session for us for free so my FI doesn't wonder what the extra session is we are paying for.
  • I am thinking about it :) my photographers FI is his assistant and plans to do more boudouir, babies, and families when she learns a little more. I was thinking about asking her.
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm planning on doing it.  It's so off character for me to do something like that, so FI will have no idea it's coming..

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Not me.  I'd feel too awkward.  I'd only consider it if I could be made up to look like a pin-up girl, but I'm pretty sure that's just an expense I can't justify right now.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Erbear, do you have a friend that could do your hair and makeup for you?  My photographer charges a huge fee for hair and makeup, so my friend(and bridesmaid) said she would do it for me(she also wants to do the photos) if I didn't want to pay extra.  We also played around with the idea of just playing photographer for each other since I have some awesome photo editing software.  That way we could spare the expense totally but we will see what happens :-)  I approached the idea with FI and showed him some examples and he was MORE than okay with spending the money on it, of course.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_boudoir-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:6769e884-1068-4826-8e1d-834436c81a08Post:cc9d8717-2e6f-4f89-ba69-5f40bce2b4a8">Re: Boudoir photography</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not me.  I'd feel too awkward.  I'd only consider it if I could be made up to look like a pin-up girl, but I'm pretty sure that's just an expense I can't justify right now.
    Posted by erbear84[/QUOTE]

I think you would be totally hot as a pin up girl!
  • My cousin is awesome at hair and makeup; she'll be doing my hair/makeup for the wedding.  Or at least my hair.  I'm pretty awesome at makeup myself, I have to say.  It's the cost of the photos/cost of the costumes that kind of throws me off, you know?  

Here's what she did last year for me (I did the makeup though) for a photoshoot FI and I did - we were honored for our charity work.  
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is the photographer I'm thinking about using(Beware, there is cheesy music so you may want to turn your speakers down if you're at work).  http://panamacitypinups.com/

If you click on "Ooh-la-la" you can select the "pinup" option for some old school looks.  FI would love it if I went for one of these looks with a WWII plane in the background, lol.  Anyways, have fun perusing and have a great day, everyone :-)
  • In Response to Re:Boudoir photography:[QUOTE]My cousin is awesome at hair and makeup; she'll be doing my hair/makeup for the wedding. nbsp;Or at least my hair. nbsp;I'm pretty awesome at makeup myself, I have to say. nbsp;It's the cost of the photos/cost of the costumes that kind of throws me off, you know? nbsp;Here's what she did last year for me I did the makeup though for a photoshoot FI and I did we were honored for our charity work. nbsp; Posted by erbear84[/QUOTE]

You're so pretty! It wouldn't be hard to achieve a pinup girl look at all! I know it's definitely not everyone's cup of tea and we don't have too much wiggle room in the budget either but if I make it his gift for the wedding I'm ok with that. Itll be so exciting I think to do something a little out of my comfort zone
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image

• In Response to Re:Boudoir photography:[QUOTE]This is the photographer I'm thinking about usingBeware, there is cheesy music so you may want to turn your speakers down if you're at work. nbsp;<a href="http://panamacitypinups.com/If" rel="nofollow">http://panamacitypinups.com/If</a> you click on "Oohlala" you can select the "pinup" option for some old school looks. nbsp;FI would love it if I went for one of these looks with a WWII plane in the background, lol. nbsp;Anyways, have fun perusing and have a great day, everyone : Posted by lch0708[/QUOTE]

Love that photographer! FI loves planes I bet he'd love that WWII theme as well haha

• I'm not planning on it... we are doing an engagement photo shoot, so I didn't want to spend the extra on a boudoir. I think my FI would probably look at them once and be like, oh hot, and then that would be it lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_boudoir-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:6769e884-1068-4826-8e1d-834436c81a08Post:64eab77d-d89f-4681-b316-23c05c3c21e8">Re:Boudoir photography</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Boudoir photography: Love that photographer! FI loves planes I bet he'd love that WWII theme as well haha
    Posted by allychase[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>My FI is a pilot and he really wants to get an artist to sketch his plane and then sketch me in front of it, pinup girl style.  Okay, cool, right?  Ha, so he wants to put this picture up in the office where the other pilots could see it...BRAKES!!!!  I told him I would happily do it but that picture would not leave our home ;-)</div><div>
    </div><div>The package I want from the photographer above is $800 which is crazy expensive in my book. That's half of what we're paying for the actual wedding photos.  However, occasionally she does a deal of the day(it's our local version of groupon or living social) so I could shave off a cool $150 if I play my cards right.  If nothing else, I figure it's another motivator to get in shape and keep off this extra 10 lbs that have settled on me since high school.  :-P

</div>
  • I think I would like to do them and there's constantly groupons for them here, but when I asked FI if he said "why would I want pictures of you when I could just see you naked?" lol. Lingerie for the honeymoon had the same response. So I think the money is better spent elsewhere.
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm doing it! It was actually included in my wedding photo package. Well, I had a choice between that and just a bridal shoot..... I decided to do the boudoir since I will have plenty of pics in my dress already. I am a little nervous since I think I look really goofy when I TRY to be sexy! But I think my photographer is awesome and will be able to capture the best of me:)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • About two years ago I lost 10 pounds.  (Yay!)  But in the last year I've put it all back on.  (Boo!)  I didn't realize how self-conscious I was about it, except that I keep putting off our engagement photos thanks to those ten pounds.  So boudoir is definitely a no-go right now. 
  • just something i've always wondered.... what do you do with the pictures when your done? do you hang them around your house/apartment? because i know my FI would freak if we did that.... or just your bedroom.. but its not like people still dont go in there...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards