Georgia-Savannah

Less than 6 months and have no reception hall!! Please Help!!

Hi ladies!!  I have less than 6 months till my wedding which is October 13, 2012. We had everything figured out and some things fell through and now I have no reception hall!  We are traveling from Pennsylvania so its hard to visit sites and Im relying mostly on the net and phone.  All the places I have checked with are already booked since October is a very popular month down there (or at least I am told).  Can anyone suggest anything??  I know I have probably contacted every one available but you never know when someone knows of that rare "gem" that might work for us!  We have about 75 people traveling down there with us and Im starting to panic!!  Thanks in advance for the help!!

Re: Less than 6 months and have no reception hall!! Please Help!!

• 10 Downing maybe?
    October 2012 Board: June Siggy
  • The American Legion has a newly renovated ballroom as well. Charles morris center might be a little large. Also check out Savannah Station. Good luck!
    October 2012 Board: June Siggy
  • If you're on facebook, there is a page called Savannah I Do - they sometimes have people post for suggestions like this.  A lot of vendors are also on that page and they may be able to help if you post what you're looking for.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • Thank you for the replies!! I have tried all of the places suggested and they are all booked. I will have to check out the Facebook page, I think that is my last hope!
  • The Knights of Columbus on Liberty St is a great space.  Have you tried there? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I actually tried calling the Knights of Columbus a few times and the phone was never picked up. :
  • I would try a few more times.  They don't have anyone on staff all the time. 
  • Johnny Haris?
  • Vic's on the River has a gorgeous reception room above River street.
  • Thank you all for recommendations! We stumbled across a great place that we both love and seems to be a hidden gem! We are heading to savannah next weekend to finalize all the plans!! Thank you again!
  • Thank you all for recommendations! We stumbled across a great place that we both love and seems to be a hidden gem! We are heading to savannah next weekend to finalize all the plans!! Thank you again!
  • Where is this hidden treasure?  Is it affordable? 
  • It's called Grand Lake Lodge Spa, it's located in Southbridge which is a ritzy subdivision in Savannah, or so I am told. We visited when we went down this weekend and I'm blown away! It's even more amazing than pictures show!! Price is super if you ask me and compared to everywhere else I looked. We are dealing with a lady named Holly an she is fabulous!! I highly recommend it! I can't wait for my wedding!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards