Destination Weddings Discussions

Pre-wedding skin care?

What have you ladies been doing to make sure your skin looks lovely on the big day?  

I have really dry skin all year long and it only gets worse during the winter, so I might have an uphill battle the next couple of months.  I've never really established a routine with any certain brand, but I'd like to start getting consistent with something now so that I'll (hopefully) look good later.  

Any advice or suggestions?  TIA!  
Anniversary

Re: Pre-wedding skin care?

• edited December 2009
    I also have very dry skin and winter does not help. I found two brands at a local organic store that I like really well - Evan Healy and Dr Hauschka. I really like both brands because their philosophy is to repair your skin so it can take care of itself. You're actually not even supposed to wear lotion at night, just wash and put on toner. How many other companies tell you to use their product less?? Evan Healy is the more affordable brand but I don't like how some of their products smell. I just use the face wash, toner and mud mask. I buy lotion and a moisturing mask from Dr Hauschka.

http://www.drhauschka.com/
    https://www.evanhealy.com/
    Sunshine_zps3fcf529f BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_pre-wedding-skin-care?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:dddc9044-08fd-4d0d-962b-610157bbd399Post:4988b7db-0c8b-49f2-97d3-96a37f137c8c">Pre-wedding skin care?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What have you ladies been doing to make sure your skin looks lovely on the big day?   I have really dry skin all year long and it only gets worse during the winter, so I might have an uphill battle the next couple of months.  I've never really established a routine with any certain brand, but I'd like to start getting consistent with something now so that I'll (hopefully) look good later .   Any advice or suggestions?  TIA!  
    Posted by Kahtie41[/QUOTE]

I went to the dermatologist in August (wedding is in May).  She put me on a strict regime and told me what cleanser and lotion to use also.  I had a follow up in October and my skin is doing AWESOME.  I don't go back until March.  I'm really happy with my skin.  It hasn't looked this good in a long time.  So i've been really really REALLY good about moisturizing day and night.  She told me to avoid toner and just wash my face, and use lotion, plus the two prescrip creams i'm on. 
  • I'm just a drugstore brand girl, and I had to switch when they stopped making the loreal face wash I use.  I switched to aveeno - a brand a previous roomate was crazy about, and I love love it.  My skin seems much calmer, far less breakouts (and this is the stressy wedding time). I would totally recommend all their products. 

I will also be going for a professional facial one week before we leave, to get the nice skin 'glow'. 
  • I've been an Aveeno girl for years!  I don't ever really break out but I use to have a lot of redness - it cleared up once I started using Aveeno!
  • I'm going to the dermatologist in a couple weeks...my skin has decided it hates me so I've decided it's time to practice tough love. We'll see how it goes.
  • I have been getting Micro Derm Abrasion for the past few month and I will continue every 4 -6 weeks until the wedding.  I have also made my appointment for Botox for 4 weeks prior to the wedding.  Ahh the joys of being in your 30's, it's much more work than just finding a good cleanser.
    IVF#1 May 2011 15 Eggs Retrieved, 11 Fertilized using ICSI + HPT on 6/9/11 Beta #1 420 Beta #2 2167 US 7/1 TWINS!! Due 2/18/2012 Brooke and Nora born at 35.6 weeks Jan 20th 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards