Pre-wedding Parties

Wine Glass Favor Question

HI All!
I am throwing a wine themed bridal shower for my sister and the favors are wine glasses.  Everyone will use their own glass for the tasting (which will have a tag with their name on it), and then take the glass home with them as a momento.

Question -
What should the glass say?  I have been using the slogan "Uncorking showers of happiness for Kristin and Joe", but I'm not sure if that is too much.
A friend also suggesting having 2 wine glasses - One with "I love RED" and the other with "I love WHITE" and have people choose their glass.

What do you think?
Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Re: Wine Glass Favor Question

• RebeccaB88RebeccaB88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Since I would have no use for one semi-personalized wineglass, I would probably just use it at the party and then leave it behind.  If I had a memento of every bridal shower I've ever attended, I'd have a huge box of useless junk.  I don't need a memento of anyone's shower. I don't even want one of my own. 

Just use disposable wineglasses or rent them.  No one will care about favors.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_wine-glass-favor-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:43a8a736-2d42-4133-b8d0-e367fc4c5418Post:860df7a6-6b0b-44da-8c52-e7a29bcc7c79">Re: Wine Glass Favor Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Since I would have no use for one semi-personalized wineglass, I would probably just use it at the party and then leave it behind.  If I had a memento of every bridal shower I've ever attended, I'd have a huge box of useless junk.  I don't need a memento of anyone's shower. I don't even want one of my own.  Just use disposable wineglasses or rent them.  No one will care about favors.
    Posted by RebeccaB88[/QUOTE]

This.
  • cmcurriscmcurris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could put there name on it, or I like the I love red / white wine glasses too! Putting something personalized to your wedding would make it less likely for them to keep it though - you need to personalize it for THEM
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jabecknerjabeckner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in agreement with the others. I don't really know that a wine glass with the couples name on it is something I would care to have. My concern with the I love red/white, is what if majority of people like red or white you would either have to over order the glasses or people would just get stuck with whatever was left.

Maybe instead you can do wine glasses, but just have them decorated cutely wtih like grapes or vines or something. I know there are a few etsy sellers that will work with you on the design. So maybe something more generic might be the way to go?
    Jolie on the Run Wedding Countdown Ticker
    132 Invited image
    38 Can't wait to party image
    0 Don't like fun image
    94 ? image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards