Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Happy Thursday!

Aloha! Sorry, I haven't been around much. I've been trying to get on the board and it kept saying it couldn't find the page. Ummm, ok....   Finally got on today. Thanks so much to Nicole and Meg for continuing to hold the fort down.

How's everyone doing? Any good wedding checks? Would you all believe I am already starting to plan our 1 year anniversary party? hehe 

Re: Happy Thursday!

• Options
    Hey hey!  I didn't even realize lots of you were having trouble logging in, I've been getting on fine!

I have to, HAVE to get my bridesmaids their dresses which will help me settle on a color scheme which will allow me to finalize all of the wedding details with my WC on the 18th.  She is going away after that and needs all of the info before she leaves!  

Once the dresses are squared away I can decide on what the men will be wearing! 

I also need to get to the post office TODAY to mail all docs for the marriage license processing since we are getting legally married in Jamaica.

You are always on top of things, will you be back on Maui for your anniversary?! lol!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    correction- I will be picking the colors and let them get the dresses they want (per Shannon's suggestion, a rather good one!)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    One year anniversary already n your sights you lucky dog : You have been missed around here Kimmy, there are also a lot of great new girls on here to meet! Have a great Thursday night ladies! I am busy trying not to rip off FIs head for sitting on the computer all day and nt doing a single thing to the house ugh.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Nicole - that is totally what I did and it ended up working out beautifully. I scheduled appointments for us to go try stuff on (my one girl is a little larger with a huge bust so she can't really try on anything to get a good idea of what it would look like so my sister who is smaller was the designated try-on model. lol) then they could pick out the dresses and the budget they wanted. Less stress on me too - good luck!!

My only caution is the check the available colors of the dresses BEFORE they try them on to make sure your color choice is available. The girls at first fell in love with a dress that didn't come in anything even CLOSE to what I wanted (a teal/dark turquoise) and it took them a while to get that dress out of their heads.

I'm thinking of going to try on my dress again so I can get a good idea of the jewelry I want to get. So that I can start looking for it. I can look for shoes until the dress comes in so that I can see how many inches I have to play with so I don't have to get it hemmed. It has a pretty detailed skirt and I'm not sure how they would hem it but I'm sure it would be $$. The sample dress fit me almost perfectly so if I can minimize alterations that would be awesome.

I also need to start thinking about ceremony/reception decor and seeing if I want to do any DIY stuff. I'm thinking about those pomander ball things made out of fabric or tissue paper to add some pops of color. And possibly an aisle runner since the aisle is a terra cotta tile which I think looks kind of like a restaurant kitchen tile.

Ok I'm rambling I'll stop there. lol
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_happy-thursday-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:a6c49f89-b170-4466-834d-ff5794460976Post:91ea28de-4dbf-45ae-a624-a753314bba9c">Re: Happy Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey hey!  I didn't even realize lots of you were having trouble logging in, I've been getting on fine! I have to, HAVE to get my bridesmaids their dresses which will help me settle on a color scheme which will allow me to finalize all of the wedding details with my WC on the 18th.  She is going away after that and needs all of the info before she leaves!   Once the dresses are squared away I can decide on what the men will be wearing!  I also need to get to the post office TODAY to mail all docs for the marriage license processing since we are getting legally married in Jamaica. You are always on top of things, will you be back on Maui for your anniversary?! lol!
    Posted by Julyet06[/QUOTE]
     haha I wish! We are going to Oahu and Kauai in September, so Maui is a no. We will go somewhere our timeshare has a location we can drive to for our anniversary. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards