Ohio-Toledo

hello!! new bride here :)

just wanted to introduce myself. my name is shannon. ben and i have been together 3 years and have a beautiful 8 month old daughter :) we are getting married october 1st at the nederhauser hall at olander park. we are originally from toledo but live about half an hour north of detroit. so far i don't know a whole lot other than our photographer will be erin heckler photography, colors will be champagne and victorian lilac, i'm looking for an ivory gown, and i need to find good places for cheap flowers and cake! hoping to get some great ideas from you ladies!

Re: hello!! new bride here :)

• nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!  What style of dress are you looking for?  I'm a 2-dress bride. :(  Bought the first, fell in love with the 2nd!  lol  Trying to sell the 1st one...never worn, altered, etc.  Here's a pic if interested...very grecian elegant style:

I love Nederhauser hall...we considered it early on.  Our original date was for October, and the weather will be perfect for an Olander wedding!!!  But we had to switch our date, and no AC in July scared me a bit!

We're doing our cake from Thrush's (Off Glanzman Road) Very good prices and super yummy, too!!!  And our flowers will be done by Prescott Florist (near Secor/Alexis)  All of our bouquets, bouts, corsages, 20 centerpieces, and a memorial vase will all be less than $600.00.

If you stay away from some of the bigger-named companies, you'll definitely get better prices.  Good luck and Welcome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello and congratulations!!

The vendors I used for cake and flowers were both very talented and very reasonably priced.

Cake -- Kristy @ The Bake Shop  (She's in Fayette, Ohio, but will deliver!)  419-237-2393

Flowers -- Sharry's Touch  419-866-5045
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • edited December 2011
    We used Emery's Flowers for our wedding in November 2008, and they were wonderful.  Susan was very helpful at our consultation meeting when we planned the flowers. She understood our ideas exactly and came up with something perfect, and for a reasonable cost, too.  On the wedding day, they delivered the flowers on time. They were beautiful, and just what we wanted. One of our favorite vendors!‎   I have pictures in my Married Bio (accessible via planning bio in my signature below).  Their contact info is:

Emery's Flowers & Co.
    2524 Perrysburg Holland Road, Maumee, OH 43537-1344
    (419) 867-0962

• wifeytobzwifeytobz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow merin! i remember you from when i originally joined here for my april 07 wedding (that never happened lol). wow what was my name back then. i think it was lilshannie82. but anyway i still talk to a lot of people i met on here (now on facebook hehe). i don't know if you remember me but i remember your name. lol. did you go to that knottie meetup at el camino? i was there but i lost my pictures of it when my hard drive had to be wiped out. i bet my friend kristine (dinky077) still has it i will ask her! anyhoo thanks for the suggestions ladies!
  • MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Heck yes I remember you!  How funny!!!  Who do you still keep in touch with?  Congrats on the new wedding. :):)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • edited December 2011
    Yay for Nederhouser! :) I'm having my July 24th wedding there...yeah, the no air conditioning is a bummer, but we're having an evening wedding, so hopefully it won't be a big deal.

I went with Myrtle Flowers and Gifts on Dorr St. in Toledo. The price was extremely reasonable and our consultant, Scott, was very helpful. As for cake, we chose Briescke's Bakery on Main Street in Sylvania. They charge $185 for a cake that feeds 100 people, which is the best price I found anywhere.
  • edited December 2011
    Hello, I am getting married at Olander Park as well and I am looking for an officiant that is no too expensive. We wanted to have a christian ceremony with a minister and were going to have my fiance's uncle do it but he wont do it for us because we already have 2 kids and live together. Any ideas would be helpful!!
  • wifeytobzwifeytobz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sorry we don't have an officiant yet either! we have a friend that may do it for us, he is ordained and has done a couple others. but if he can't i'm gonna be on the hunt for a male one as well (df feels weird about a woman marrying us lol). let me know if you find someone!

and merin - i still keep in touch with lisa k., stacy p., kelly c., sara c., ummm i would have to think if there are any more :) - they are all on my facebook. sorry i totally do not remember their knottie names haha.

i am going to get samples from brieschke's this week! gonna call about flowers too. thanks for the suggestions ladies :) oh and i got my dress this week! i got the oleg cassini crl277 from david's in ivory. it's gorgeous!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards