North Carolina

Because it's Friday...

And it's the first week of school.  And because I'm feeling nostalgic. 

... Who was your favorite teacher in High School?  What grade/subject did he/she/it/they teach?

... Would your high school friends say you're the same now as you've always been?

... How long has it been since your High School graduation?

... Roughly what percentage of High School football games did you attend while in school?

... Roughly what percentage of High School dances did you attend?

... Was your school's homecoming dance a formal dance or a casual one?

... Did you go to prom?

... Did you do anything after prom?

... Were you in any cool clubs?

... Were you in any not-cool clubs?

... Did you manage to get through school without majorly embarrassing yourself in front of the entire student body? (If no, we want the story)

... Did you play sports?

... Were you in band?

... Did you have the coolest car in the parking lot?

... Did you bring your lunch and sit in the corner, or sit at the popular kid's table?

aaaaand...GO! ;)

Re: Because it's Friday...

• carolinagal78carolinagal78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ... Who was your favorite teacher in High School?  What grade/subject did he/she/it/they teach? Mr. Sutton and he taught Business

... Would your high school friends say you're the same now as you've always been? I think so

... How long has it been since your High School graduation? 1996

... Roughly what percentage of High School football games did you attend while in school? maybe 15%

... Roughly what percentage of High School dances did you attend? 3-4

... Was your school's homecoming dance a formal dance or a casual one? casual

... Did you go to prom? Yes I went my Jr and Sr year

... Did you do anything after prom? just hung out w/my bff and her date at his house

... Were you in any cool clubs? Dont know if DECA and HOSA are cool but we had fun.

... Were you in any not-cool clubs? nah

... Did you manage to get through school without majorly embarrassing yourself in front of the entire student body? (If no, we want the story) for the most part. lol!

... Did you play sports? nope

... Were you in band? no

... Did you have the coolest car in the parking lot? um-no!

... Did you bring your lunch and sit in the corner, or sit at the popular kid's table? usually just hung out w/my BFF in Mr. Suttons classroom. We were kinda teachers pet. lol!
    image 114 Made the cut!
    image 84 Are ready to celebrate! image 20 Are missing out! image 10 Don't understand RSVP?!
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ... Who was your favorite teacher in High School?  What grade/subject did he/she/it/they teach?  I loved many of my HS teachers.  The one who prepared me the most for anything post HS was Mr. Covington, the English teacher.  He was one that you hate at the time but love later.

... Would your high school friends say you're the same now as you've always been? Nope.  It's hard to describe, but I think they'd say I'm more confident in who I am, instead of just confident.  I'm also less of a nerd than they probably remember. (really, I swear)

... How long has it been since your High School graduation? 7 years

... Roughly what percentage of High School football games did you attend while in school? 100%, even championship games (see question 13)

... Roughly what percentage of High School dances did you attend? 50%.  We only had 2 each year, homecoming and prom. 

... Was your school's homecoming dance a formal dance or a casual one? casual, people couldn't afford 2 formal dresses/tux rentals each year.

... Did you go to prom? Yes, 3 times

... Did you do anything after prom? One after party/breakfast.  Once we went midnight bowling in our dresses/tuxes.  I wish I hadn't lost those photos when my harddrive crashed (back up your computers!) Once just went home and went to bed. 

... Were you in any cool clubs? Nope

... Were you in any not-cool clubs? Nope
    (I was in Girl Scouts and active in the Church youth group, I didn't have time for clubs at school)

... Did you manage to get through school without majorly embarrassing yourself in front of the entire student body? (If no, we want the story)  I passed out in the library at lunchtime, fell face-first into a tile floor and broke my front teeth junior year.  It resulted in an ambulance trip to the hospital.  My school only had 400 students, so we all knew eachoter anyway, getting carried away in an ambulance at lunchtime makes its rounds through the school gossip chain in about 0.013 seconds.  I was out for a week.

... Did you play sports? Nope

... Were you in band? Yes!  Marching and concert.  This is why I went to all of the football games.

... Did you have the coolest car in the parking lot? Of course!  No, really I didn't.  Renee B. had a red Mustang, it's hard to compete with that.

... Did you bring your lunch and sit in the corner, or sit at the popular kid's table? I brought lunch and sat outside the cafeteria doing the crossword puzzle for the first year or two.  Then I ate lunch in the library after that.  The popular kids table was not in the library. 

• Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     Who was your favorite teacher in High School?  What grade/subject did he/she/it/they teach?  Herr Tischner -- German. 

... Would your high school friends say you're the same now as you've always been? Nope.  I didn't talk to anybody and was super shy in HS but I got over that in college.

... How long has it been since your High School graduation? 10 years. Sadly I couldn't make it back to CO last month for my reunion...well, not that sad, since without FB I wouldn't keep in touch with a single person from HS.

... Roughly what percentage of High School football games did you attend while in school?  1 or 2 total so probably less than 1%

... Roughly what percentage of High School dances did you attend? not many...2 homecomings, 1 prom (when I was a sophomore dating a senior), didn't go to my jr or sr proms

... Was your school's homecoming dance a formal dance or a casual one? Semi-formal

... Did you go to prom? See above.  Once.

... Did you do anything after prom? Went to the school's after-prom party

... Were you in any cool clubs? Only club I was in was DECA.  I think it was considered cool at the time.

... Were you in any not-cool clubs? See above.

... Did you manage to get through school without majorly embarrassing yourself in front of the entire student body? (If no, we want the story)
    Yes.

... Did you play sports?  No.

... Were you in band?  No.

... Did you have the coolest car in the parking lot? No.

... Did you bring your lunch and sit in the corner, or sit at the popular kid's table?  Freshman year I lived in FL and there wasn't really a cafeteria -- you just had to eat outside in the quad (all the buildings were separated, 12 buildings, no hallways).  Soph. year in CO I ate ni the cafeteria with friends, but not the popular table.  Jr. year I think we left campus almost every day to go to fast food places.  Sr. year I went home and ate lunch.
  • meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ... Who was your favorite teacher in High School?  What grade/subject did he/she/it/they teach? Mr. West, Biology

... Would your high school friends say you're the same now as you've always been? I think so and I'm still such good friends with a lot of them. I haven't changed that much. 

... How long has it been since your High School graduation? 5 years

... Roughly what percentage of High School football games did you attend while in school? Um, probably 95% of the ones that were at home

... Roughly what percentage of High School dances did you attend? lol, 100%

... Was your school's homecoming dance a formal dance or a casual one? we didn't have one

... Did you go to prom? heck yes. I bought prom dress magazines like I did wedding magazines. I probably had like 3 or 4 magazines for each prom year.

... Did you do anything after prom? everyone spent the night at friends house

... Were you in any cool clubs? Key Club, French Club... there were more, but I forgot all of the names. 

... Were you in any not-cool clubs? I was in this really weird computer/math club for a semester because we got extra credit in chemistry if we went. 

... Did you manage to get through school without majorly embarrassing yourself in front of the entire student body? (If no, we want the story) yes

... Did you play sports? Tennis and Track & Field(I did hurdles) 

... Were you in band? nope

... Did you have the coolest car in the parking lot? nope, a little green honda civic, lol

... Did you bring your lunch and sit in the corner, or sit at the popular kid's table? I brought my lunch when we were underclassmen and ate with all of my friends, middle popularity, lol. But then when we could go off campus for lunch in later years, we went to fast food restaurants or parks to eat. 
  • edited December 2011
    Who was your favorite teacher in High School?  What grade/subject did he/she/it/they teach? Ms. Smith - she was the crazy teacher and I was her TA senior year after I was in her English class junior year

... Would your high school friends say you're the same now as you've always been?  I think i'm different but still have the same fun personality.  I'm just not as bossy as I once was

... How long has it been since your High School graduation?  11 years!  yikes!

... Roughly what percentage of High School football games did you attend while in school?  um I was in three different schools for my 4 years in high schools  (CMS school districting changes - wouldn't believe I never moved once in those 4 years!)  so, maybe 2 games each year. 

... Roughly what percentage of High School dances did you attend? only one

... Was your school's homecoming dance a formal dance or a casual one? no homecoming dances

... Did you go to prom? senior year

... Did you do anything after prom? went bowling and steak and shake with friends

... Were you in any cool clubs? SOS, Student Council (?), First Priority (christian) 

... Were you in any not-cool clubs? i was in them so of course they were cool!!

... Did you manage to get through school without majorly embarrassing yourself in front of the entire student body? (If no, we want the story)  haha.  Since I was in Student Council, at one Pep Rally I had to dress up like Janis Joplin and dance in front of the entire student body.  If you don't know who Janis is, I recommend you look her up.  She was a legend in her time!!

... Did you play sports? yes, soccer and volleyball

... Were you in band? heck no, i'm musically challenged.

... Did you have the coolest car in the parking lot? nope but I got one of the closest parking spots!!!

... Did you bring your lunch and sit in the corner, or sit at the popular kid's table?  I sat with everyone.  I really didn't have a standard group as I was friends with everyone.  One day I'd sit with the jocks, the next day the student council kids, the next the brainiacs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ... Who was your favorite teacher in High School?  What grade/subject did he/she/it/they teach?
    Um...  I had several. I was a total dork. Probably Mrs. Shepherd, AP English Lit, because the entire first semester she let us just read what we wanted, second semester we crafted research papers trying to link all the books we randomly read... it was fun. Because, I am a dork.

... Would your high school friends say you're the same now as you've always been?
    Hah. No. I'm much calmer. I used to be a bit hyper. But other than that probably no. I do dress better, I would hope.

... How long has it been since your High School graduation?
    Ack- 8 years.

... Roughly what percentage of High School football games did you attend while in school?
    10%ish? We were not a good football team. It was very sad to watch. Side note- I have been to almost every high school football game in my current town for the past 3 years... FI's little brother was in the band. See below. :)

... Roughly what percentage of High School dances did you attend?
    All of them, it was something to do.

... Was your school's homecoming dance a formal dance or a casual one?
    Formal.

... Did you go to prom?
    I did, both Junior and Senior Proms.

... Did you do anything after prom?
    Junior Prom had an after party sponsored by the school, so yes, and then senior year we just hung out at my friend's house (she had a hot tub.)

... Were you in any cool clubs?
    Hm. Well I thought they were cool. Italian Club, Chess Club (the advisor for this was the super-cool History teacher so this actually WAS a popular club, promise), Rock Climbing Club...

... Were you in any not-cool clubs?
    If I had to admit it, I would say Italian Club was not the coolest of clubs.

Nope. I was hyper, I embarrased myself all the time. But I generally was fine with it... although like Elizabeth I was forced to dress up for a club. Italian Culture Day saw me in full 16th century costume as Catherine DeMedici... it was 100 degrees that day and our school didn't have A/C (up North it is not viewed as important.) I was miserable.

... Did you play sports?
    I was a horseback rider, which took up all my extracurricular time and was generally disregarded as "not a sport" by my peers. Silly people.

... Were you in band?
    Oh lord no, I can't carry a tune to save my life. FI was though, and all his brothers. I have been initiated into HS band supporters now though, thanks to the littlest one (who thankfully just graduated.) No more band competitions in the rain!

... Did you have the coolest car in the parking lot?
    Um no. It was a 10 year old civic.

... Did you bring your lunch and sit in the corner, or sit at the popular kid's table?
    I brought my lunch, and sat in the courtyard with my friends. Popular we were not. But we were much more fun than everyone else. ;-)
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• SassyPants150SassyPants150 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ... Who was your favorite teacher in High School?  What grade/subject did he/she/it/they teach?  Mrs. Bartlett, Soph. English...she had traveled the globe, told us tons of stories and we always did fun projects...like deciphering our favorite songs and analyzing the parts of speech.  She was the North Carolina teacher of the year a couple of years after I had her!

... Would your high school friends say you're the same now as you've always been?  In some aspects yes...in some no...college gave me a wild hair that I've kept in tact some =)

... How long has it been since your High School graduation? 7 years

... Roughly what percentage of High School football games did you attend while in school?  ALL! I was in band :-p

... Roughly what percentage of High School dances did you attend? We only had Winter Formal and Prom for juniors and seniors.  I attended 1 Winter Formal and 3 proms.

... Was your school's homecoming dance a formal dance or a casual one?  We didn't have one

... Did you go to prom?  3 years!

... Did you do anything after prom?  Not usually, we did go midnight bowling once afterwards...most of the time else I did nothing

... Were you in any cool clubs?  I was in band, German club, FI-Y (women's service), Chorus, Blue & Grey pep club and I think some others...I had my hands on everything!

... Were you in any not-cool clubs? Oh...I thought all clubs were cool...lol

... Did you manage to get through school without majorly embarrassing yourself in front of the entire student body? (If no, we want the story)  For the most part...the worst was FI-Y, the women's service club.  You had a Stooge Master when you were a new member and they were a secret person and all of the older members could tell you to do anything...I realize now that it was HAZING!  Crawling on the ground, ridiculous outfits and after school most of us went to places like the mall and had to do stuff.  I had to wear a GIANT Oreo costume that was made for a COW and walk around the mall and K-Mart and do stuff.  I guess that's as bad as it gets.  haaha

... Did you play sports? Softball as a Freshman and then golf Soph-Senior.

... Were you in band? Yep...Clarinet for concert band and Trumpet for Junior and Senior year marching band

... Did you have the coolest car in the parking lot? Not even close...I had a Green Chevy Malibu...the cool kids had new 4Runners and Land Rovers

... Did you bring your lunch and sit in the corner, or sit at the popular kid's table?  I scooted out and hung out with my super old boyfriend (He was 21 when I was 16...I did this for two years) when I could drive...our guard would wave at me as I left everyday...lol.  Before I was just hanging out with regular people
    Favorite thing about fall...Florida Football!

What's cookin'? BFP: May 16, 2011 DD born January 19, 2012 | Chart BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary imageBabyName Ticker

• edited December 2011
    ... Who was your favorite teacher in High School?  What grade/subject did he/she/it/they teach? Mr. Hunter (band) and Mr. Dickerson (English)

... Would your high school friends say you're the same now as you've always been? Yep.  I'm still friends with a few of them and I married one of them.

... How long has it been since your High School graduation? 5 years (WOW)

... Roughly what percentage of High School football games did you attend while in school? All home games because I was in marching band :) 

... Roughly what percentage of High School dances did you attend? Never went to the homecoming dance.  Went to Winter Formal at least 2x.  Went to prom once (senior year but not junior year).

... Was your school's homecoming dance a formal dance or a casual one? Kind of casual, I think.....but I never went.

... Did you go to prom? Didn't go junior year because I dumped my boyfriend.  Went senior year with my (now) hubby.

... Did you do anything after prom? Spent the night at my (now DH's) parents' house

... Were you in any cool clubs? Um....no.

... Were you in any not-cool clubs? Key Club for a while....and Spanish Club for a while

... Did you manage to get through school without majorly embarrassing yourself in front of the entire student body? (If no, we want the story) I think so

... Did you play sports? Definitely not.

... Were you in band? Yep. I played clarinet.

... Did you have the coolest car in the parking lot? Haha no....a really old Mitsubishi Eclipse that I drove until this year

... Did you bring your lunch and sit in the corner, or sit at the popular kid's table? I brought my lunch most of the time and went off campus junior/senior years

image Matt & Ashley 5.08.10
  • edited December 2011
    ... Who was your favorite teacher in High School?  What grade/subject did he/she/it/they teach? I forgot her name but it was sports medicine class

... Would your high school friends say you're the same now as you've always been? Im the same girl

... How long has it been since your High School graduation? 5 years..omg really its been that long!

... Roughly what percentage of High School football games did you attend while in school? All..I was a student athletic trainer

... Roughly what percentage of High School dances did you attend?Only prom

... Was your school's homecoming dance a formal dance or a casual one? didn't go so im not sure

... Did you go to prom? Yep

... Did you do anything after prom? Went to a hotel and stayed there with my friends

... Were you in any cool clubs? drama club!!

... Were you in any not-cool clubs? Drama club!!

I guess so
    ... Did you play sports? Lacrosse at ENLOE!!

... Were you in band? Nope

... Did you have the coolest car in the parking lot? No :(

... Did you bring your lunch and sit in the corner, or sit at the popular kid's table? When I was a freshman and sophomore I thought I was cool...lol. Junior and senior year I went off campus with my friends
    Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    ... Who was your favorite teacher in High School?  What grade/subject did he/she/it/they teach? Mrs. Kingston, senior AP English

No. I think I've grown up more - matured, not so much of a wuss.

... How long has it been since your High School graduation? 5 years

... Roughly what percentage of High School football games did you attend while in school? Barely any. Our team sucked.

... Roughly what percentage of High School dances did you attend? Only prom.

... Was your school's homecoming dance a formal dance or a casual one? We didn't have one.

... Did you go to prom? Junior and senior.

... Did you do anything after prom? Just hang out with a big group of friends.

... Were you in any cool clubs? Nope.

... Were you in any not-cool clubs? Orchestra. Definitely not cool, but tons of fun.

Yes.

... Did you play sports? Cross country and track.

... Were you in band?
    Nope. Had to learn to march once to go on a combined band/orchestra trip to Disneyworld, though. I carried the banner at the froung.

... Did you have the coolest car in the parking lot? No way. Same car I'm still driving - blue Saturn.

... Did you bring your lunch and sit in the corner, or sit at the popular kid's table? We had off-campus lunch, so I always went out with my friends.
  • edited December 2011
    ... Who was your favorite teacher in High School?  What grade/subject did he/she/it/they teach?  Mr. Springs...Physical Science & Chemistry...but those weren't my favorite subjects!

... Would your high school friends say you're the same now as you've always been?  Yeah....not too much has changed.

... How long has it been since your High School graduation? 9 years....that ten year reunion is fast approaching!

... Roughly what percentage of High School football games did you attend while in school?  Hmmm...maybe about 25%...I only went to hang out with my friends, I never really watched the game.  So, if my friends were going, I would go to see them...otherwise, I would just meet them somewhere else.

... Roughly what percentage of High School dances did you attend?  Only proms....We had a Homecoming dance, but I never went to it.

... Was your school's homecoming dance a formal dance or a casual one?  I never went to one, but I think they were fairly formal...but not quite as formal as prom.

... Did you go to prom?  OH YES....3 TIMES!!!

... Did you do anything after prom?  Our school sponsored a midnight breakfast thing for the safe and sober campaign...I went to that twice....the other year, I went to a friend's house after with my whole group of friends.

... Were you in any cool clubs?  Drama, HOSA, Choir, BETA

... Were you in any not-cool clubs?  They were all cool to me, so NO!

... Did you manage to get through school without majorly embarrassing yourself in front of the entire student body? (If no, we want the story)  Yeah, never really made a fool out of myself in front of the ENTIRE student body....I'm sure I acted pretty stupid in front of my group of friends on more than one occasion though.

... Did you play sports?  No

... Were you in band?  Not in HS, I played clarinet from 5th grade-8th grade, but I wanted to take choir because I love to sing, and the times never really panned out for you to take choir and band together.  So, I dropped out of band, and now I regret it.  I still can't sing and I've lost my clarinet-playing abilities (and mind you I was first chair in a state wide competition once...so I had the clarinet down pat) so I kind of ended up losing in the end!

... Did you have the coolest car in the parking lot?  HAHAHA...this is so funny because my first car was a 1985 Chevy Blazer with those little sticky smiley faces all over the windows (in 1999)...and my next car in school was a 1993 Ford Ranger with a cool sign on the back that said "Cruisin"
    So, I am sure that I MOST DEFINITELY DID NOT have the coolest car in the parking lot.

... Did you bring your lunch and sit in the corner, or sit at the popular kid's table? I didn't really eat lunch very often because I was too busy socializing.  I kind of blended in well with everyone so I talked to the cool kids and the not so cool kids because I tried not to label people.  I gave everybody a fair chance at being friends.

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards