Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

AW Wedding and Vendor Review (link and pictures in post)

I got married this past weekend, and I wanted to do a review, before I forgot!  I think the other brides' reviews was one of the most helpful things that this website provided.

It was an absolutely gorgeous day, which I was not expecting AT ALL, and I could not have asked for a better day.  Plus, now I'm married!  And we had a total blast!  I asked my Mom to sing the Father/Daughter dance, but my Dad didn't know she was.  When she started singing, I got to watch him fall in love with her all over again.  Everybody loved our programs and caramel apples were delicious!  Everything was so fun!  Now we have this week off, and we're headed to the Bahamas on Sunday for a week, and I love that we have two weeks off together.

Rehearsal Dinner - Sesame Inn Mcknight - This place was absolutely fantastic.  We had a ton of food and each dish seemed to be better than the last.  Mike is friends with the owners, though, so we didn't have to rent the room, which made it a lot more affordable, and we knew our crowd would love Sesame Inn.  I would recommend it, but I would know your crowd before you have a RD at a Chinese place.  For us, it was perfect!

Preparation: www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/pitel-springhill-suites-pittsburgh-bakery-square">SpringHill Suites Bakery Square - We got ready at SpringHill Suites.  They were very accomodating, fantastic location for Shadyside, East Liberty, the zoo, etc.  The hotel colors are the same as our wedding colors, which wasn't planned, but ended up being perfect.  The rooms are really big, and the showers are separate from the toilets, so there is lots of getting ready space.

Ceremony: Elfinwild Presbyterian Church - We got here, so we really enjoyed it. Our pastor focused a lot on life after the wedding day, which is what we asked him to talk about.  It was a fairly interactive ceremony, and I loved it.

Formal Portraits: www.pittsburghparks.org/mellonpark">Mellon Park - Mellon Park is gorgeous.  There were two other bridal parties taking pictures there at the same time, but there were more than enough beautiful places to take pictures.  Plus, its easy to park at the Center for the Arts, so you don't have to worry about walking far.

Reception: www.edgewoodclub.com/">Edgewood Club - I would recommend the Edgewood Club. Its a beautiful venue and I liked that we could have 16 person tables and 8 person tables.  The main room is very intimate. I loved the outside area.  My one thing was that the communication with Ron was not always clear.  He never really gave me specifics until after I asked him specific questions, and sometimes the answer was no (or different than I expected) so that was a little frustrating, but the venue is really pretty.

Dress: Alfred Angelo with alterations by www.clarissaboutique.com/">Clarissa Boutique - Clarissa Boutique was one of my favorite vendors.  I loved their alterations.  They listened to my changes.  They helped me pick out my jewlery and I loved it!  I got a sample dress at Alfred Angelo, so my dress was insanely inexpensive, but the workers were very attentive, even though they weren't getting a big commission.

Tux: Tuxedo Junction - The tuxes were fine.  We went to the one in the North Hills, and we had to take a coupon in about 5 times before they put the right price in their system.  And they called both Mike and I about four times right before the wedding to confirm the colors and the appt the Thursday before the wedding.  It was nice that they confirmed, but one call would have been sufficient.  I think i was just annoyed because it took them so long to get the price right, and it was a bit of a fight.

Hair: www.alishanichole.com/">Alisha Nichole Studio - I was happy with my hair.  It didn't fall down until the very end and her prices were reasonable.  She's moving back to MI, though, so she doesn't book anything anymore.

Florist: Carrie Ann Powell - I LOVED LOVED LOVED the flowers.  My colors were navy, teal and chartreuse.  The girls dresses were navy, then the green was supposed to come in through the flowers, and she definitely delivered.  Here's a pic of my bouquet.

Cake: www.paddycakebakery.org/default.html">Paddy Cake - I don't love cake, but it tasted ok.  Other people liked it, it was pretty and it was there on time - that's all I can ask for!

Caterer: www.strictlybusinesscatering.com/">Strictly Business - I really enjoyed working with Clint, and I couldn't say enough about him.  Everybody really enjoyed the food.  We served it family style and that seemed to be a big hit.  Clint is just one of the best people I've met while planning a wedding.

DJ/Band: DGK Entertainment - The DJ was pretty inexpensive, and you definitely get what you pay for.  He didn't read my schedule and didn't do something things that we had asked him to, literally one minute before.  He also didn't have a ton of top 40, BUT the dance floor was full and when the reception was over, people were still having fun, so I'll take it.

Transportation: www.pghtrans.com/">Pgh Transportation Company - The transportation showed up on time and the driver knew where he was going.  He wasn't the best driver and almost ran a red light, so he had to slam on the brakes.  But we got where we needed and on time, so that's a plus in my book.

Alcohol - Palate Partners/Dreadnought - We met with Palate Partners in the strip, explained what alcohol we wanted.  They deliver and pick up the alcohol, and they don't charge you anything until after the event is over.  We had a lot of alcohol ordered, but we didn't use even half of it, so it is SO nice that they do all the work for us and then send us an invoice.

Make - up artist - Audra DeLuca.  Audra works at Chanel at Monroeville Mall and she has been doing my Mom's make up forever.  I can't recommend her more.  I have never been disappointed when she does my make up for an event and she's just the nicest most fun person.  Here she is doing my Mom's make up:

Photographer - Veronica Varos - She was amazing during the engagement shoot and she was very professional and great for the wedding as well.  She took all the pics above, she posted pictures on FB the night of the wedding and she already has the wedding preview here (http://veronicavaros.com/).  I am completely obsessed with the pictures and I can't wait to see more!

Baby boy 7.10.13

Re: AW Wedding and Vendor Review (link and pictures in post)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Mandie - I thought of you and Carly all day on Saturday... it was a gorgeous day for a wedding!!! I was so happy for you guys! Your pictures look amazing and I am so glad that everything went well. Enjoy some R&R and then make sure to post a review of your HM! Congrats to the newlyweds!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    heb557heb557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw your pics on Veronica's Blog Saturday night! Sooo Beautiful! Congrats on being a Beautiful Bride and having a beautiful wedding! Enjoy your two weeks together as newlyweds!!
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the review.....
    Congrats and good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  It was all beautiful! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!  Everything looked so beautiful and those DIY touches I could see in the preview looked great.  Enjoy your honeymoon!
  • Options
    Britt0412Britt0412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! Everything looks gorgeous - I love the vibrant green touches. Glad to hear you had a wonderful day.
  • Options
    blondieb0912blondieb0912 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! As a fellow Edgewood Club bride, would you mind saying (or PMing me) what some of the restrictions Ron gave were? I haven't talked to him since I signed the contract even though I've sent him a couple of emails.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome! Congratulations and thanks for the review. Was there anyone in particular you worked with at Dreadnought? Sounds like a great way to supply alcohol for a wedding!
    Married since May 12, 2012
  • Options
    Hi! Do you happen to have Audra DeLuca's contact information? I can't seem to find it online. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards