August 2012 Weddings
Options

Can't decide on color! Help!!

I'm getting married on August 4th in North Carolina and I can't decide on wedding colors. I have found a bridesmaid dress that I am in LOVE with. It comes in a pretty almost fusha pink called cerise and it also comes in a midnight color (basically a navy blue). I love both colors and cannot decide. At first my fiance and I thought that navy dresses with black tuxes would look too bland with no pop. So I think now we've decided to go with grey tuxues for the guys but to keep my fiance in black. However, I don't want the wedding to look to casual. 

Is there any way I can have grey tuxes with either the pink or nacy dresses and keep it looking formal? 

Any advice would be much appreciated! 

Re: Can't decide on color! Help!!

• Options
    Grey and pink can look great together when done right.  Grey and Navy could also work, with a pop of color in the flowers and accents.  
    Anniversary
  • Options
    A friend of mine did navy dresses (from J Crew) with light gray tuxes from Jos. A Bank and it looked really pretty and formal. Incidentally, her accent color was hot pink, so that was incorporated into the flowers and decor. Personally, I wouldn't put him in a black tux with the rest of the guys in gray, I just think it might be too contrasting. You might be able to do something different with his tie or boutenniere to help him stand out.
  • Options
    Grey and Navy look nice together, and I think if you did pops of pink that'd look great!

p.s. were in NC?  I just found out we're probably relocating down there for FI's job!
    8/12 March Siggy- reception venue!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! the picture below is what was our inspiration for the tuxes. He REALLY wants to be in a black tux. So i guess we'll just have to go with either all black or convince him to go with grey. 

This has been the hardest part of my wedding planning so far! I just want it to look classy and elegant and formal and it makes me nervous that by having pink dresses it will come off as tacky, but maybe not. I was hoping the grey tuxes would neutralize that. But i'm from Connecticut originally and I feel like navy blue and white and grey and a pop of pink maybe is just more new englandy and me. 

Here is the dress iI'm thinknig either the cerise color or the midnight. 

bmetz34- We're in Charlotte, I moved down here from Connecticut last August, but went to college down here before that so I love NC! 

Thanks again for all the help! 

• Options
    I think the navy would look more formal overall, but the cerise would look beautiful!  I agree with PP that navy dresses with "pops" of color in the flowers and other accents would look nice.

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • Options
    Navy & Grey would look gorgeous - but that's me! If you really love hot pink then do it as your accent colors!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think Navy and Grey would look great, but if your not sure about it how about having the girls in navy, the guys in black tuxes and using bright pink flowers for the added pop.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My vote is black and fusia. Very pretty
  • Options
    Yay another CT transplant in NC!!  We're looking at Forest City right now which is  a little over an hour from Charlotte I think.  Feel free to send me a PM with any advice you have on relocating from CT, I'm nervous!
    8/12 March Siggy- reception venue!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi there,

We are doing grey, midnight and cream as our colors, so I guess I am a little bias.

The BMs dresses are midnight blue (Alfred Sung) and the guys are wearing a light charcoal grey suit.  I am also planning to wear midnight blue shoes under my dress. 

I think either color combo could look elegant, it all depends on the cut and style.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi there,

We are doing grey, midnight and cream as our colors, so I guess I am a little bias.

The BMs dresses are midnight blue (Alfred Sung) and the guys are wearing a light charcoal grey suit. I am also planning to wear midnight blue shoes under my dress.

I think either color combo could look elegant, it all depends on the cut and style.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi there!
    I love the look of Navy and Grey together. My date is August 17th in Illinois and our colors are navy (with black tuxes) with lilac and sage green for our accent colors. My dress is ivory and my BM dresses are navy, I have found awesome Navy shoes to wear with my dress. THe easiest decision for me to pick Navy bridesmaid dresses is because my girls will be more likely to wear a dark color again compared to a light/ bright color. I have mutiple dresses that I know I never wear again. I figured between my decorations and their hair accessories and flowers we have plenty of areas to add bright colors too.

Good luck with all your plans!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I think navy and grey would work, but pink and black would look good too! :)  If anything you could use the pink as an accent color to the navy/grey combo (like PPs said)!!  Good luck!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards