DC

wedding weekend before Presidential election

Hello All, 

Between weddings of other friends, our Rabbi's schedule, and the schedules of our venue, one weekend that seems workable is the first weekend in November, the weekened prior to the Presidential election. I can't decide if DC will be extra crowded at that time, if people will be paying extra or have trouble finding hotels, etc. I mean, it's not inauguration weekend, but still. I can't remember if DC seemed any more croweded the last time around.

I appreciate your input!

- S

Re: wedding weekend before Presidential election

• I would think it'd actually help our your guests.. they could maybe take the monday off (assuming they are in a field that closes for federal holidays/days off) and be able to relax a bit more over the weekend
  • I would only worry about inauguration weekend.  Weekend before election should be fine.
  • The election time no. 

I moved to DC during the last inauguration time, that was insanity travelling then.
    We're what you do with the children? Because your day is about, "I Do", not don't do that!
  • My wedding is the weekend after the election (Veterans day weekend) and I was worried about the same thing.  So far everything seems to be ok as far as booking hotels and space.  I am not from the area and neither are any of my guests so i don' tknow first-hand but my wedding planner said election time isn't a problem

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards