Second Weddings

Wedding size change of heart

My financé and I have had a change of heart in regards to the size of our wedding.  We were planning a large 200+ wedding.  We have sent out our save the dates, but not formal invitations.  How do we notify our original guest list that we have decided to move up the wedding but now only intend to have 30 of our immediately family and close friends in attendance?

Re: Wedding size change of heart

• This is tricky if you care about ettiquiette. I don't, so I'd probably be honest. I'd write everyone and explain simply that you had a vision, but then it changed. You still hope they wish you well, but you are only inviting your closest friends/family now. Most people will get it and be completely respectful. The rest aren't worth the effort of caring. It's your wedding. Your vision. You and your FI.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_wedding-size-change-of-heart?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:35Discussion:982c7a76-b0fc-4bae-a358-ede86bee9e23Post:8f38edb6-abed-42f2-956d-813182082772">Re: Wedding size change of heart</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is tricky if you care about ettiquiette. I don't, so I'd probably be honest. I'd write everyone and explain simply that you had a vision, but then it changed. You still hope they wish you well, but you are only inviting your closest friends/family now. Most people will get it and be completely respectful. The rest aren't worth the effort of caring. It's your wedding. Your vision. You and your FI.
    Posted by anssett[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I think this is excellent advice.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Things happen...regardless of your reasons, I think the need to downsize should be understood.  Might not be well liked but in the end people will get over it.</div>
    Christie + Chad ~June 8, 2013~
     CPT & mama to 9 kids, one SIL & a grandbaby girl!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards