Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

When are you sending your invites?

When are you sending yours? Do you have an A and B list of people to invite? if so, how are you working this?

Re: When are you sending your invites?

• Options
    We sent our invites about 3 months in advance. The reason we did that is because we had to have our accomodation booked 2 months in advance. We did not have an A and B list. We only invited A people.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I already knew who was coming but sent invites anyway because I really wanted them. I sent it out about 3 months before, and did include some people who I wanted to extend the invite to, though I knew they probably wouldn't make it because of kids, timing, "short notice", etc. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am sending mine out soon (hopefully).  My wedding is in February but FI and I need a head count as the # of people is the deciding factor of what extras we can afford so we want RSVPs by October.  I think if people are not booked/don't know whether they are coming by then which will be 4 months until the wedding then they will be no shows.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I sent mine out today!  Our wedding is September 22nd :)  But we're not getting married outside the country or anything- we're getting married in South Jersey.  It's far enough away to require accommodations, but not so far away as to require plane tickets, vacation time, etc.
  • Options
    And no A and B lists... wouldn't want anyone to feel second best!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I am trying to get them out the first week of August (which will be 3 months). All my stuff came in last night and now I just need to decide on pocketfolds vs no pocketfolds!
  • Options
    I plan on 3 months as of everyone I know that wants to go already has the heads up!
    Anniversary
  • Options

We sent ours out just inside the 3 month mark (because I was a little late getting them done, less than a week late though lol). We didn't do A list and B list, if they weren't close enough to us to make the A list they weren't invited...

• Options
    No A and B list. We only invited immediate family and close friends. About 30 people and we are expecting about half.

Sent our Save the Dates last August. Wedding is this Nov. Will send invites as soon as I get them from the vendor, so hopefully in the next two weeks.
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2012
    We sent our STDs a year out and are sending our invites out in late October for a 12.22 wedding. 

We don't have an A and B list-- too stressful, IMO. We just invited everyone.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Our wedding is in April and we are sending out our STDs in August and then invitations will go out in January right after the holidays.
    Visit Caribbean.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    We didn;t have an A & B list so we ended up inviting 104 people. (Not happy about that considering I wanted to elope) We sent out save the dates in June and we are getting married april 22, 2013. I know this is tacky to some, but we are really considering skipping formal invites. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards