June 2013 Weddings

C & V Thursday

Got a confession? Need to vent? Let's hear it!!

Re: C & V Thursday

• edited November 2012
    Confession: I don't want to spend Christmas with anyone this year. I know that's completely selfish, and I would never say this out loud, but it's true. We have visited our families for every holiday for the past 6 years and this year I just want to have a quiet holiday with FI at home. Is that really too much to ask?

Vent: FI and I are always the ones who go out of our way to make sure everyone else's schedules are accommodated. FBIL is in Australia for Christmas? No problem, we'll celebrate in February. FSIL has to celebrate Thanksgiving 2 days early because of her work schedule? We'll be there! Now you want to rent a cabin in the mountains for Christmas 6 weeks out with no prior discussion? We have to say no...for the first time in 6 years. You would think everyone would be a little more understanding since FI is currently out of a job and we're saving for a wedding, but no. Apparently the flexibility only goes one way around here and i'm getting a little sick of all the guilt.

Sorry! Apparently I have a lot to vent about after phone conversations with FBIL and FMIL last night. I swear we all really do get along! haha.
  • Confession: I've been sick with a cold, plus I think I'm PMSing, so I'm just a mess all over for the last couple of days. I was helping FI with his homework last night, and I couldn't find the information I was looking for, so I broke down in tears. He was concerned that something was wrong with me, but I really just wanted to sit there and cry for a minute. And then I felt bad that he was trying to comfort me and I was acting like a child.

Vent: FI has volunteered for us to host Thanksgiving this year. Of course for him it's easy, pretty much the only thing he does is make the turkey, and I get stuck with all the table setting and cleaning and all the other fun (not) things.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Confession: I'm off tomorrow, so it's my Friday, and I'm completely checked out. I have a bunch of stuff to slog through and zero desire to do so before I leave here today.

Vent: My co-worker is listening to Christmas music on her radio. It's November 15th. Enough said.
  • Confession, I'm totally not ready to go BM dress shopping next weekend because I have no clue what I want and so I'm not even feeling excited. Vent, same as above, really. I have no particular dress in mind, feel all this pressure to decide next sat, and don't want to waste anyones time.
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • Confession: I've known I have a new job for 2 weeks now but I'm waiting for a start date to give my notice because I don't know if I start in January or February. 
        This week my team lead gave me a fabulous review and told me I'm taking charge on the next project in January, boss is out for 3 weeks due to surprise knee surgery and my trainer is out the week after thanksgiving for a medical procedure for 3 days...it's killing me because I feel like I'm leaving right when they need me... :(

Vent: I'm sick of doing 3-4 thanksgivings/christmases. I don't even like holiday foods anymore! I make thanksgiving dinner for my dad because he's got no where else to go then dessert with my MIL the actual day. My mom always wants to go out to eat the weekend before, and my uncle always has extended family thanksgiving the weekend after. This is how it usually works, but in reality it is one week till thanksgiving and NO ONE from my family has contacted me! Also- my Fiance has to make the big decision if he wants to have dinner with his mom (and play video games all day) or me (and deal with my dad) which I can't help but feel I want him with me. So annoying.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday."~The Notebook~
  • Confession: FI managed to fall into a great opportunity via a CEO of a company he purchased some materials from online. He attended a local tech conference put on by the Kauffman Foundation (a local onon-profit organization that encourages development of small business and helps underprivileged individuals) and through this CEO was given the opportunity to enroll in a program that gives individuals the knowledge on how to start small businesses.  I'm thrilled for him, I really really am, it's just...he's already gone so much now with going to school for his business degree.  I realize I'm just being selfish because I want all his free time but having been a "single person in a relationship" previously I'm having a hard time not feeling that way now.  I'm starting to get a little worried about FI starting a business because I know he'll need to put a lot of time and effort into it.  I really really want to be supportive so I told him to do the Fastrac classes as soon as he could and let's get this business of his going but I still feel like a heel for wanting him to just be another worker so he doesn't have to spend all his time working  Frown

Vent: I hate going with my boss to meetings.  She hovers but never helps except to tell me what I'm doing wrong.  She never listens to my suggestions for where registration is placed even though I'm the one always sitting at the registration table.  The hotel staff was going to set up the registration area in a room off the main expo floor but boss didn't like that and wanted it moved to just outside the doors of the expo floor.  The place she wanted it moved to is in a long hallway with marble floors and high ceilings.  I have difficulty hearing people when there's a lot of background noise.  When I told her I'd rather have registration in a quiet area her response was "Why?"  So I told her about not being able to hear with a lot of background noise.  Her compromise?  To put me inside the doors of the expo floor where two hallways meet.  Hallways that are exactly like the hallway I would have been put in outside the expo floor.  Hallways with marble floors and high ceilings near the bathrooms and lunch area where people come to make phone calls and talk to vendors.  Grrrrrrr...it's probably quieter than the original set up spot but not by much.
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Confession: Even though I only worked 1 day this week so far, I can't bring myself to clean the house like I should!. I did about 4 loads of laundry today so that makes me feel better but otherwise I just feel like a LAZY BUM!

Vent:  My matron of honor (Sister-in-law)  is trying to plan for my Bridal Shower (yayyy), when she asked how many people, I guessed about 50...Well I was talking to my mom yesterday and she mentioned the number and I said "ya, at least 50". When I went through my list of people invited to the wedding, I wrote down all the female's names, well it comes to 85! So now I'm trying to figure out how to cut that down for the shower, when I suggested not inviting FIs 2nd cousins (who are all invited to the wedding) he kind of freaked out on me! I mean, granted my family is most of the list (since my parents are footing the bill for most of the wedding) I basically eliminated inviting most of my girl friends, besides my Bridesmaids, just to make the bridal shower list smaller... I don't really know what else to do.Frown
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards