Hawaii
Options

General frustration!!!

Ugh, just need a little vent! Getting so frustrated with 'island time' responses from our venue. I have been waiting almost two weeks for answers to, in my opinion, some pretty simple questions! Ahhh!! I want to communicate with them that I'm frustrated but I don't know how to do it without upsetting anyone or putting ourselves in a bad situation. Also, without ever having been to or seen our ceremony/reception venue and not being in the financial situation to take a quick trip there to suss it put I am driving myself crazy! I just can't get a picture in my head at all of what the room will look like, the layout of the building, the indoor rain plan B setup. I just feel like I'm flying blind! I'm so excited for our Hawaii wedding but sometimes I do think how much easier it would have been to do it somewhere close by. Sorry for the Monday vent! Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: General frustration!!!

• Options
    Sorry to hear that ... :( I've been having issues as well!

Have you tried calling your  venue? Maybe that might help...

From what I've learned with my current situation, just try to keep your cool until you have what you want. Then you can express your concerns later, perhaps?

Also, where are you getting married? I'm going to Maui in April, so I could check your venue out for you if it happens to be on Maui. I'm also in NorCal (Bay Area), so we could definitely do a meetup after our trip!

Anyway, hope that helps and I hope you get some answers soon, too! I'm also waiting around for responses and answers as well, so I definitely know how it feels!
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, I am going to keep my cool and wait until I have the answers that I need and hope that it all works out in the end.

I think a big part of it is feeling like I'm doing it all myself with my family and best friends/bridesmaids back home in Australia :(

I am getting married at Ko'olau Ballrooms in Oahu, bummer! That would have been great!
    I'm in the bay area too, right in San Francisco so that would have been perfect! Would have loved to get married in Maui but I felt bad putting my 80 year old grandparents on a plane from Sydney and then another plane to Maui :( Ah well. 

Thanks for the support! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Best thing we did was get a wedding planner, she was the go to person for everything and knew alot of the vendors personally so knew when they had events, etc. and could give us an idea on response time.    Definitely kept our stress levels down.

• Options
    same venue, but different ballroom!

lmk how i can help! :)

i just sent you an email!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards