Arizona-Phoenix

I need a photography location! Help

I'm getting married in 3 weeks and my fiance and I have not been able to find a good, inexpensive place in north phoenix to take our wedding pictures. We'd like somehting close so that we don't feel rushed, but we also need someplace free. We looked at parks, but none have seeded winter grass, so they're brown. I stopped by a country club and they wanted to charge us $450! Just to be on the property! Are hotels a good option? Do we need to talk to them in advance? Does anyone know of just some good hidden secrets lying around?

Re: I need a photography location! Help

• sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you know anyone who is a member at the cc, then you can go with them for free most likely!  I would just start driving around where you are and stopping at places to ask if you could take pictures there. Your photographer should know some places. HTH.
  • applemarieapplemarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Have you thought about train tracks...I was opposed to this idea when my photographer suggested but they turned out amazing...they are actually my favorites....very urbanesque.  While waiting to get the pics I had to look and see if other brides did this and to get an idea of how they might look....and I was even impressed by the ones I saw online.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Girlie1030Girlie1030 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't know if this is too far South for you, but I've always loved the pictures I've seen from here...  http://www.scottsdalepublicart.org/collection/love.php
  • CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does your photographer have any suggestions?  I'd look at public spaces -- shopping centers or business parks with interesting architecture, rail road tracks (as applemarie suggested), a cute restaurant, winery or bookstore that might be willing to let you photograph for free (a bride on one of the international boards did hers at Johnny Rockets and Barnes & Noble and they came out great!), etc.
  • edited December 2011
    You could do the Desert Botanical Gardens. Admission is $15 a person, but the place is spectacular!! If you want a true desert/southwest feel, this is definitely the spot. We're having our wedding at this venue and I have seen a handful of engagement photo shoots taken there too from various photographers. Also, on the other side, south of the butte of the gardens is Papago park with really nice red rock formations. That is free to use as far as I have read. Good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards