Plus-Sized
Options

XP: Traditions

Does your family or FI family have any wedding traditions that you are having/had in your wedding?

Why did you choose to continue this tradition?

DId you start any new traditions?

Re: XP: Traditions

• Options
    We put pictures of my grandparents on a small table at our wedding to honor their memory. There wasn't a note or poem or anything. Just pictures of joe, Mel, Doris and jean. Other traditions was the morning after the wedding all the family met at a restaurant to eat and spend a little extra time together. The wedding couple always eats free lol. My dad walked me and my sister down the aisle. My brother led the prayer at both our weddings. My mom had a melt down the day before each wedding. (her martyr tradition lol) That's about it.

• Options
    We're being overall pretty non-traditional, but when FI's mom found out we were having cupcakes instead of cake I thought she was going to have a fit! So now we're accommodating her by having a small cake on top of the cupcake tower to cut for her.

FI's mom is hard driving for some traditions - my parents don't care. FI's mom is insisting on throwing a bridal shower too....which I'm not thrilled about. I think it's beccause she doesn't have a daughter so this is her only way to get some input on a wedding.
  • Options
    We are starting one in my family of having my great grandmothers brooch attached to my bouquet.

FI's family is catholic so they have a tradition of having godmoters cut the cake after the couple to serve. Well we don't like his godmother and then I don't have one since I am not catholic. So instead we are picking an aunt closest to us to do it.
  • Options
    We haven't had too many weddings in the family yet. I'm the oldest girl cousin and my brother (unmarried) is the oldest boy cousin, so I don't really know what kinds of traditions the family has. I think we're going to stick to doing a cake (at least a top layer with cupcakes) and everything.

My dad passed when I was 13, so I'll probably be doing a bouquet charm with his picture, and I may leave an empty seat at the ceremony for him. I know that can get kind of depressing, but I really think my family would respect it. 

I'm not planning on doing the whole bouquet toss or garter toss or anything like that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our wedding will have all the basic traditions..... this will make our mothers happy, so we are going with it.  FI side of the family traditionally jump the broom,  So this will be including this tradition as well. 
  • Options
    I really don't think we know much about our families specific traditions- he's the first of his family to get married and my older sister got married fifteen years ago so there's not a ton to go on...basically, we know we're having a first dance, my dad's going to give me away, we're getting married in a church, there will be no bouquet or garter toss and we will be cutting a cake (a small vegan one so I can eat it! The guests will be having cupcakes.) I plan to wear sneakers under my dress and I'm having dried flower bouquets but I see all these things as personal preferences more than anything traditional. I also want a sweetheart table instead of a head table but I'm putting off explaining that to his mom. 
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards