Flowers
Options

Can anyone tell me what kind of flower this is?

The circles ones in the photo below that look like a cross between a hydrangea and a lotus flower..

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Can anyone tell me what kind of flower this is?

• Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    They are peonies.  They are a spring flower and are really hard to find/really expensive when out of season and their season is really short...just FYI.  If you want them I would check with your florist before really falling in love with them.

• Options
    jcamm11jcamm11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    shoot, my wedding is in July!  Thanks, for the answer, Maggie!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!  I would have loved them in my wedding too...they are such gorgeous flowers...i guess if I ever have a baby and it is a girl I will force her to have her wedding in May just so she can use peonies LOL!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I wanted them in my wedding for the MOB/MOG corsages but I'm getting married in Sept.  I think they bloom in April for like 6 weeks at most.  But they are very beautiful but also delicate.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you love the look of peonies and they're out of season for your wedding, ask your florist about cabbage roses.  They look very similar to peonies.  Here's a picture of a cabbage rose bouquet.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    actually you can get peonies in july but the cost is not for a budget bride. They would not be a flower you would want for a corsage anyway,the garden rose is a better alternative altho the can be large also.

just a note, if you are going off of the color of the photo you posted it is not true to color. none of those flowers even come close to being lavender/purple.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also ranunculus can look similar to peony. It's what we used for our men's boutonnieres because obviously a peony is too big for that. 
  • Options
    genevieve88genevieve88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the garden roses, David Austin roses fully bloomed are just as beautiful and cheaper. Just a thought.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    google up YUVES PIAGET roses.. just as pretty and usually available... smell amazing too
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards