California-Orange County
Options

Summer outdoor wedding weathe

I am trying to figure out my wedding date and need to know if anyone has been to a summer wedding outside in Southern California, was it too hot? I am getting married next to the ocean so you do get a nice breeze. Please let me know if you have done this or have been to a wedding outside during summer. I am looking into July, but i dont want it to be to hot for my guest.  

Re: Summer outdoor wedding weathe

• Options
    It's hit or miss depending on what beach it is. I work in the harbor in Dana Point, and it would be the hottest day of the year inland, but totally foggy. You never know if the marine layer. Summer 2010 we barely even saw the sun at all, most days it was overcast. I wouldn't worry about it being too hot.
  • Options
    Its in San Clemente, but there is no shade where the ceremony site is. The wedding will take place later like 4ish.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-orange-county_summer-outdoor-wedding-weathe?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:63Discussion:ad6d2697-1eab-40ec-85a1-852058710db5Post:0cc3a121-4e0f-4b95-99a0-cdc21588cc1b">Re: Summer outdoor wedding weathe</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's hit or miss depending on what beach it is. I work in the harbor in Dana Point, and it would be the hottest day of the year inland, but totally foggy. You never know if the marine layer. Summer 2010 we barely even saw the sun at all, most days it was overcast. I wouldn't worry about it being too hot.
    Posted by rgomez27941[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    It will be nice and cool if it's right by the beach. They will probably need sunglasses though!
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-orange-county_summer-outdoor-wedding-weathe?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:63Discussion:ad6d2697-1eab-40ec-85a1-852058710db5Post:1cdc0942-1a32-47e1-8417-d6c10dfb6a00">Re: Summer outdoor wedding weathe</a>:
    [QUOTE]Its in San Clemente, but there is no shade where the ceremony site is. The wedding will take place later like 4ish. In Response to Re: Summer outdoor wedding weathe :
    Posted by altergotts[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    rgomez is right, the marine layer makes it unpredictable. I live in the area and have been to San Clemente year-round. Especially by 4pm the marine layer will be burned off but there should be enough of a breeze to keep everyone comfortable.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards