October 2012 Weddings

Dress Disaster - UPDATE!!

So, I posted about two weeks ago how the bridal shop where I purchased my dress  had told me they could order the lace from my dress to make a long sleeved jacket for me and then went back on their word and said they couldn't.  They suggested taking lace from the bottom layer to make the jacket but you all advised me against this.
Well, I searched high and low for the lace and it just wasn't happening.  One fabric store gave me the name of a seamstress though.  I decided to check her out to get a second opinion/comapre prices....well, I'm SO glad I did!!

She is 100% sure she will have enough lace from the bottom without really losing the profile of the dress or the train.  She can do the whole jacket for $150 (bridal salon was going to be closer to $200).  She is overall a lot more affordable  on everything ($50 for a hem vs. $100).  She told me that should would do the jacket, all the alterations, AND make me a veil for $350!  She told me everywhere she's worked in the past twenty years and told me to feel free to call and ask around.  I just feel SO SO much better about everything.  I have a lot of confidence in this woman (despite just meeting her today, haha).  I'm still super nervous for my dress to "go under the knife" but if I want sleeves made out of that fabric, it has to be done.  I have to take a "leap of faith" so to speak.  I def. have more faith in this lady than the salon.

Wish me luck!

Oh, AND I got my shoes today!  $10!!!!  I could have gone a half size up but they only had a size 7.  It's a discontinued shoe (dyables from Payless) so it was the closest size they had.  They don't *really* match my dress.  They have beading and my dress is lace.  But 10 bucks is 10 bucks and I'll probably only wear them for the ceremony and pics.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Dress Disaster - UPDATE!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards