Destination Weddings Discussions

any same sex dw couples? *posted in gay weddings*

my fiance and i have been engaged for 2 years now. i am recovering from my 3rd lung surgery and we are finally starting the planning process. we cant afford a wedding and a honeymoon so we want to combine them. i am not sure of  places that are gay friendly. i read a few posts that said puerto vallarta is a great place. also any sites or etc that help figure things out would be greatly appreciated. if you are a dw same sex couple where are you planning to wed? will it be legal? 

Re: any same sex dw couples? *posted in gay weddings*

• Sorry....I'm no help. Have you thought about doing the legal stuff in the states? Or perhaps going somewhere in the states? Cali, Florida, etc. DW doesn't have to be in the Caribbean.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • im open to places other than the Caribbean or Mexico. but we would like to be able to  experience different cultures and this will be our first vacation together. we would like it to be special.
  • I would start with looking at the marriage laws in  various places you are considering. Many places in the Caribbean tend to be Catholic so it may be difficult to do a legal marriage there (it's a pain with all the paperwork regardless of orientation). A lot of brides actually opt to get legally married in the states before traveling to avoid the hassle (early arrival, blood work, getting documents translated, fees, etc). Have you tried a general google search?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • As PP said a lot of DW brides actually get legally married in their home country (US or Canada) and then go do their ceremony abroad if there's a problem getting legally married there. So don't let the legalities keep you from a place you love if you find somewhere that you think is perfect :)
  • we were thinking of going to another state other than ga to get legally  married in hopes that one day ga will recongise it also. but i have been on google searching for almost a week. its a slow process but i am getting good info slow and steadily. 
  • i went ahead and contacted melissa of beach bum. hopefully she will be able to help us figure things out!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_any-same-sex-dw-couples-posted-in-gay-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:7018af65-fb88-4815-afb3-1c80feedfd66Post:9f64d24e-0cb8-422e-bdbd-170be3720e03">any same sex dw couples? *posted in gay weddings*</a>:
    [QUOTE]my fiance and i have been engaged for 2 years now. i am recovering from my 3rd lung surgery and we are finally starting the planning process. we cant afford a wedding and a honeymoon so we want to combine them. i am not sure of  places that are gay friendly. i read a few posts that said puerto vallarta is a great place. also any sites or etc that help figure things out would be greatly appreciated. if you are a dw same sex couple where are you planning to wed? will it be legal? 
    Posted by latricelevell[/QUOTE]

Banff, Canada is very popular for same-sex weddings!  It's a mountain place so not the tropical you may envision.

I did see this same-sex couple on Style Me Pretty in PV:

<a href="http://www.stylemepretty.com/destination-weddings/2011/12/05/puerto-vallarta-wedding-by-elizabeth-lloyd-photographer/" rel="nofollow">http://www.stylemepretty.com/destination-weddings/2011/12/05/puerto-vallarta-wedding-by-elizabeth-lloyd-photographer/</a>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards