Illinois-Chicago
Options

Geroge Street Photog???

I'm an Indy bride, but since George Street works in Chicago and Indy, I thought I'd post my question here too.

Has anyone worked with/used George Street Photography for their engagement photos OR wedding day photos?

We hired them them a few months ago, but now that we are looking for engagement spots I'm REALLY leery. We have an assigned wedding photography coordinator...so we can't meet/talk with the photographer until the day of the shoot. This was a nagging problem of mine when we hired them, but I was assured by both their staff and my family that it would be ok. Plus they fit nicely into our budget and we could afford to get a few extra albums...we're paying over $2,700...I want that money to go to GOOD use. The photos we saw of their work was great...so I decided to sign the contract...but...

Now I getting worried. They want to know where we want to do E-Pics at...which is fine, but I can't help but feel we need some photographer guidance; e.g. What time of day would be best to shoot? do they know any cool non-traditional spots that would make for great e-pics...you know the usual excitment and guidence the photographer gives...

HELP?! Please tell me someone has used them and loved them...
Anniversary

Re: Geroge Street Photog???

• Options
    CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We actually didn't sign with them because of their strange (and new in the Chicago branch) "you don't get to pick your photag" policy. Sorry :( 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

One of my BMs used them and her pics were awesome!!!
    My photog is a friend and he did the same thing with us for our engagement pics. We chose the spots and the time of day that was convenient for us. He went from there. A good photog will position you in the right place in your location for the best photos. With all the state of the art equipment out there you will be surprised what they can do.
    We took our pics on a slightly gloomy day and you would never guess it from some of the pics.
    As for locations, ask around on TK or to friends and family. That's what I did and it worked out great.
    Don't worry, I am sure everything will look beautiful.

• Options
    KATERS882KATERS882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi,

We are using them for our wedding at the end of May.  I’ve emailed my photo coordinator, Ashley,  several times and she has gotten back to me within a day or two every time.  I’ve asked a lot of different questions about when certain stuff usually occurs and suggestions about different ideas and photo locations.  I’ve been happy with it so far.

I decided not to use them for my engagement photos because my sister majored in photography in college (she doesn’t work as a professional photographer but she designs layouts of photos & advertising) and my sister offered to take our e- pics for us.  It worked out well for us.  She has all the current software to touch up photos and everything.  George Street gave us a credit on our total since we weren’t using them as our engagement photographer.  They still ordered our event cards for our wedding with a picture my sister took. 

We weren’t sure about going with them for the wedding at the beginning because we didn’t meet with our photographer ahead of time.  I have to say I’m not worried about that anymore.  For me, I was more worried about a one person photographer company (which I did look at) so that’s why I went with George Street.  They will have a photographer there no matter what because they have plenty of back of photographers.  I’ve always been a worrier and stressor not just for the wedding so I had to do what made me comfortable. I also know that my sister will help make sure we get all the photos we want or need no matter which company or what photographer we chose.  She is just that kind of person/photographer. 

Its everyone’s own preference what kind of company and what kind of photographer you go with it.

• Options
    mscramuzzomscramuzzo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using them for our wedding and used them for our engagement photos.

I have not had such good luck so far with our wedding coordinator - Thom. He leaves something to be desired in the response category. I've had to call him to follow up on emails 3 and 4 days later. I work during regular business hours so it's hard for me to get on the phone to ask questions. It's much easier for me to shoot an email and then get a response the next day, but it hasn't worked like that so far and I actually complained more than once. Since the, I think he's been a little more attentive, but I haven't needed to contact them in the down time since we received our engagement photo cd and now (our wedding is mid June).

We paid the money to have our photographer for an on location shoot for our engagement photos. I am DEFINITELY happy we did so. I LOVE the photographer we chose. She's awesome, friendly, personable and made us feel so comfortable (neither of us are super fond of having our pictures taken).

I did ask the help our our wedding coordinator to answer some of my questions about locations, but while we were on our engagement shoot, Janet (our photog) asked us questions about our ceremony and reception and such so we got to ask questions.

Basically, while their customer services leaves something to be desired, I'm super happy with my choice. They are budget friendly and after seeing our engagement photos, I can't wait until the actually wedding photos!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our pictures turned out fabulous with George Street, which is what I am most happy about. An Tom, our photographer, was outstanding. That being said, we are now waiting for our albums. The parents albums were supposed to take 6 weeks, they took a little over three months. We submitted our design sheets for our albums, and they threw in some extras because of the delays on the parents albums. I am so far quite satisfied with the company!!
  • Options
    S0095042S0095042 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks guys! You are making me feel LOADS better!!! :)

Anniversary
  • Options
    atraheyatrahey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used George Street for my wedding also, the pictures were gorgeous.  I was so grateful, in the end, that we'd gone with a group of photographers rather than a single photographer because 2 days before our wedding the photographer we'd initially chosen broke his leg and couldn't shoot the wedding.  George Street sent me several portfolios the same day we found out about the injury and we were able to find a fill in that, I think, was better than our initial choice.    It'll all turn out beautifully.  Have fun!
  • Options
    S0095042S0095042 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ok, not freaking out anymore! You guys are life savers...Thanks knotties!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards