Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Do I need extensions?

So I was originally going to wear my hair half up-half down, but I was in my friend's wedding this weekend and I really liked my up-do.  My normal hair stylist (who did not do my hair for this wedding) suggested a few months ago that I get extensions just to give more length and volume (my hair is thick and shoulder-length), but that was when I was going to do half up-half down.

I hate how the front of my hair looks, but I think some extra volume would fix that.  What do you think?  Do you think extensions are necessary or does my hair look "full" enough like this?  I'd love to avoid spending an extra $100 on something that I will never use again!

I don't like how it looks from the front, thinking of adding more volume/teasing

imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Do I need extensions?

• Options
    I don't think you need extensions at all.  I wish I had thick hair like yours.

I think if they made it a bit softer in front, like you said, that you'll be fine. It looks great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    No I don't think you need them for that hairstyle, I think it looks great.  Especially if you are never going to wear them again, why get them?  Besides, I think it's imporant that you look like yourself, not someone that has big hair just for their wedding day.
  • Options
    I think the hair style looks great, go for the updo, probably will hold awesome & be very comfortable all day long. Once you add your veil (or whatever you're using) i think extensions would be too much
  • Options
    Yes, I think you could use a little more volume at the top (don't go crazy-beehive with it!) but you should be able to do that easily with your own hair.  Don't worry about extensions.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_do-i-need-extensions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:bb99c1e0-ee29-48d1-9bca-07cf3d078295Post:91ec05ea-e65a-4ff5-92f3-3e0f09f9d076">Re: Do I need extensions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, I think you could use a little more volume at the top (<strong>don't go crazy-beehive with it!</strong>) but you should be able to do that easily with your own hair.  Don't worry about extensions.
    Posted by casyme[/QUOTE]

Hah!  This made me laugh :)  Thanks everyone for the advice!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Agreeing with PP's...don't add extensions. Maybe add a little more height to the top, and if you want to soften it a bit, try having a few tendrils loosely curled around your face/temples. Add a little glam and your veil (if you're wearing one) and VOILA! Perfectly beautiful hair for a perfectly beautiful aloisk57 :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If your stylist is worth her salt, she should be able to tease more volume out of your hair rather than putting in extensions.  
  • Options
    I don't think you need extensions.

I think doing a side swept bang (you don't even have to cut them, but just a side part with some of the hair swept down lower over your forehead before going back into the style would make a huge difference from the front.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I agree with PP's. If you love the style as is and your stylist knows anything then all that needs to be done is some pre style teasing at your crown and you can easily get more voulume. Dont do the extensions
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards