August 2012 Weddings

Bridesmaid Advice!!!

Hi Ladies! So i would really appreciate your advice, I want to know you opinions as far as what you are having your Bridesmaids wear?? Are you all going for matchy matchy?? or different colors?? or same color different color flowers or accesories?? I cant decide what I want to do yet, and I would like to see what you all are doing.

Thanks!!
BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Bridesmaid Advice!!!

• I did almost the same as mtishawt. I gave all my girls a color and a length...however, they somehow all ended up picking the same dress! They all looked great in it and it fit everyone's body type. As far as accessories, we haven't decided on what color shoes yet but I did pick some earrings I liked for them to wear. Otherwise, I'm kind of leaving it up to them for everything else.
  • We did all different style short dresses from the Alfred Sung line in 3 different shades of green (apple, pine, jade) - 6 girls, 2 in each color.  They will all have the same shoes to help tie it together.  I'm letting them pick their own jewelry if they decide to wear any.
  • 2 of my bridesmaids live across the state and 1 lives across the country so I picked out a bunch of options at David's Bridal. I selected 2 colors (both shades of purple) and a variety of short dresses. I let them decide from there and here is what they've chosen:

As far as accessories go I'm letting them pick their own. I didn't want anything really matchy matchy because they all have different body types and tastes and I want them to be comfortable in what they choose. They will probably have identical bouquets to tie the colors together.
  • tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2012
    I requested that they select dresses that were in various shades of purple. I also asked that they picked dresses that used chiffon, rather than anything satin or shiny. I will ask that they were the same color shoes, but I don't care which styles they pick. Here are the dresses they are considering:

Good luck!

• They will have same dresses and shoes but their hairstyles will match their own style.
  • I gave color, length and "just not sleeveless" and they are all finding different shades, textures and styles
    8/12 March Siggy- reception venue!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have four and I let them know which color and knee length and emailed them some dresses that would work from DB. It would either be all the same, two and two or all different. It worked out great, they will be doing two and two. One is strapless and one is a Y neck. 
  • My bms said I could tell them what to wear etc. that they trusted me to pick.. My friend and I picked a gorgeous dress from Davids Bridal, then when I found my shoes I found out I could have them dyed, and I thought them having matching shoes would be awesome (they agreed)!! :)  I am ordering them this month.  Jewelry my SIL is picking out stuff to match the dress (all wear the same), and hairstyles they all get to pick their own. 

Their bouquets will either be white roses (silk), or white cala lilies (silk) depending on the quality of silk cala lilies I can find :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I told them the color and fabric at David's B, also they all had to be floor length. I don't want anyone to have the same dress so I gave them 10 styles to pick from, there are 5 BMs. I figured that was enough. so far we have 3/5 done picking so not too shabby. I am also going to buy them all the same necklace so they match and just ask that they wear black heels. As far as hair and makeup I haven't decided yet.

Hope this h
  • I have them all wearing the same color, fabric and length from David's Bridal. I let them pick from 10 different styles (5 maids) but no two maids could match because I thought it might look weird. I am buying them necklaces to wear to match, and having them just wear black heels that they  already have. As far as hair and makeup I have not decided.

Hope this helps!
  • All of my bridesmaids are wearing the same dress.  I thought it would be cute to have all different dresses, but the lady warned us that the dresses may be slightly different colors if they weren't all the same dress, because they wouldn't be cut from the same fabric.  Not sure if that is something they worry about just for certain colors though... It wasn't something I was really worried about but the girls all fell in love with the same dress in the end.
  • I initially told my BMs they could wear any dress as long as it was the same color (red) and length. 

Finally picked dresses today & they got the same ones (go figure!)

I think it's hard to decide on anything until they are physically putting the dresses on.
    ---------- imageAnniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • All of my BMs will wear the same dress- not yet chosen. I'll probably just tell them to pick a shoe in a certain color-probably black- and let them decide what style they want to wear. For jewelry I don't really care. And I'll probably let them decide how to wear there hair even though I'm paying for it. I want everyone to be comfortable so I'm giving them a lot of freedom for everything except their dresses.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I went to the bridal shop and picked out four different dresses that I liked.  Then I came back with all of my girls and they all agreed on one dress they loved that they will all be wearing.  I am asking them to wear silver colored shoes, but the style is up to them.  They can also wear whatever jewelry they like.  They can choose to get their hair and make-up done at the same place that I am, or go somewhere different, or just do their own.
  • My bms are all wearing matching dresses.
    I was thinking of doing different colors of the dresses but i didint see another color I liked.

www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Mine area all wearing the same dress in the same color. With that being said I really love the mismatched look that is trendy these days. I think when it is done well, i.e. the dresses are all different but compliment one another, it looks cool and eclectic.

I am planning to buy each BM jewelry that matches her personality, so they will not all have the same. I am telling them that I prefer they wear silver metallic shoes but I am letting them pick their own. One BM is really short and ALWAYS wears tall heels and my sister (MOH) has had ACL surgery and never wears heels, so I didn't really think it would be fair to pick out the same pair of shoes for both.

I am paying for them all to get their hair and makeup done but I will leave it up to them to choose a style. The only thing I will ask is that they keep their makeup on the softer side so hopefully no really dark smokey eyes or bright purple eyeshadow (the only person who makes me nervous in this category is my FSIL).
    Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. photo 455d4bc3-3623-4c16-8dd1-1fbc7e99e147.jpg BabyFruit Ticker My BFP Chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards