Maine

Venue, Catering and Band. Please take a minute to help me out!

Hello Everyone,
I am planning a wedding for summer of 2014 and need a little input. To start I did read 25+ pages of post already but nothing captured the info I needed.

I am looking for:

A band for my Wedding Reception, all ideas and suggestions are welcome. Rock/country would be ideal.

Catering, I am looking for home-style food with good service. Prime Rib, Seafood casserole, mac and cheese ect.

Venue, I am very interested in Camp Mataponi. Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on this venue? I am looking for a summer camp or very rustic venue with indoor seating for 150 guests in Southern/Eastern Maine. Migis is my dream but trying to stay under 20,000.

I appreciate you taking the time to give me your thoughts and ideas.

Re: Venue, Catering and Band. Please take a minute to help me out!

• I'm not aware of any other venues that haven't been discussed already.  Stone Mountain Arts Center (Brownfield, I think) is rustic but pretty nice from the pictures I've seen from a co-worker that got married there a few years ago. 

Foodworks in Portland does home-style cooking.  If we went with a venue that required that we bring our own caterer, we would have used them.  http://www.foodworksmaine.com/Home.html
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I booked Stone Mountain Arts Center (it is in Brownfield, near Fryeburg) for my May 2014 wedding. I can't even begin to tell you how beautiful it is there! It does have a rustic barn feeling, they also have some local outdoor areas for the ceremony if you choose It would also work great for a band as they have a stage! They have different packages (http://www.stonemountainartscenter.com/ArtsCenter/weddings/index.html) and from what I can tell the food is very homey. Its made all from scratch in their kitchens and include things like corn bread, etc. 
    My sister in laws brother has been performing here for years and raves about it. If you want that rustic feel this definitely has it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards