Christian Weddings

Can I ask for a prayer?

I'm under a lot of stress right now and am just generally not in a good place.  Could you pray for me please?

Re: Can I ask for a prayer?

• heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, Shoes, I'm so sorry that you're under all this stress. I wish I could do more than just pray for you, but that I can definitely do.
  • edited December 2011
    I will pray. Keep your head up!
  • edited December 2011
    To answer your subject line... ALWAYS!  If you need prayer, asking is sometimes one of the hardest things to do because it's like you're baring your soul (at least for me!).  Definitely will pray for you to find the positive in all of this stress and to make it through it.  Remember if you're feeling down to look up to God.  He is an amazing source of comfort!! 

~ kelly 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • edited December 2011
    I will pray for you too! I am not sure what you are stressing about, or what kind of place you are in, but I think I know how you feel in my own way at least and it sucks! But things always get better.

The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I just wanted to thank you all for your prayers.

I had been having a rough time of it lately...between law school and serious family drama, which has now effected my wedding, I was really in a rough place.

I spoke with my best friend's mother, who is a very wise woman, on Sunday and feel so much better as a result of that conversation.  She told me that harboring anger and resentment would only consume every aspect of my life.  She was very right.  She told me to feel sorry for my mother, that as a grown woman of 52, she still behaves and thinks like she does.  She made me realize that this should be a very happy time in my life:  I'm engaged.  I'm in law school, on a full scholarship.  I'm doing well in school.  I should be HAPPY.  So right now, I'm trying not to harbor anger and to look at the positives in my life right now.

So, I'm trying to heed her advice and thank God for my blessings.
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad that you are feeling better.  Don't you love when God puts someone in your life to be there right when you need them?  You're right that this should be a happy time but I remember it to be somewhat stressful too and I wasn't in law school!  Hang in there and I will continue to pray for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards