African American Weddings

What the heck TK! Just kick me to the curb for Knottie of the week

My knottie of the week thread was ate up! Not cool man not cool!!

So glad I was prepared for this and saved my answers! Ha! Too smart for you TK, take that!!

1. First Name & Fiance's First Name Carla & Gideon

2. Your Birthday & Age and Fiance's Birthday and Age Oct. 25 31yo & Mar 29 34yo

3. City Born In? Detroit

4. City Live in? Houston

5. Where did you go to college? Sam Houston State - Undergrad & Stanford University (Currently)

6. What was your major? Finance. I'm currently in a distance learning program at Stanford for Advanced Project Management.

7. What is your current job? Power scheduler for a Commodities Trading Firm(remember the movie trading places with Eddie Murphy, yup that's what we do)

8. What is your dream job? Art Gallery Owner

9. How did you and your fiance meet? At a pool hall, I was playing with my friends and he was at the next table watching me, he finally came over to talk after we exchanged a few smiles back and forth. Yup, you can meet your husband in a bar. LOL!

10.  When did you get engaged and how did he do it?? Took me to Straits restaurant for my B-day with my BFF and her husband, he proposed outside under the canopy.

11. When is the Wedding Day? July 7th

12. Where is the ceremony and reception? Fallbrook Church & Signature Manor in Houston

13. What are your wedding colors? Green, ivory, and gold

14. Where are you honeymooning? Costa Rica - all inclusive one week. Can't Wait

15. Favorite wedding vendor so far? The 9 person band we hired to perform at the reception. We love live music and we also have a DJ to play the international music.

16. Biggest wedding splurge? The guest list, I never dreamed of having 250 people at my wedding but in my FI's culture this is considered a small wedding.

17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't? My parents. I left their religion a long time ago (Jehovah Witnesses) and they are true fundamentalist. We don't speak anymore and I've tried and prayed that their hearts change but all I can do is respect their wishes and let go let God.

18. Another knottie wedding you'd like to attend? All knotties having destination weddings. I love to travel and if I can travel and see a wedding then I'm in heaven!

19. Favorite book? The Way of the Superior Man (A must read)

20. Favorite movie? Dangerous Beauty

21. Favorite tv show? Cosby Show

22. Favorite wedding dress designer? Allure

23. Any advice you can give? Similar to what other knotties have said before but I wanted to repeat that nothing else matters on your day except you and FI. If the guests, vendors, weather, food, music all go down hill; as long as you have your FI by your side and that officiant says "I now pronounce you husband and wife" your day is a SUCCESS!

24. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding? I wouldn't change anything about my wedding because it is truly my dream wedding, but I would change asking one of my BM. She has flaked out on almost everything so far. The BM dresses are being custom made so I will see if she shows up for the final fitting this week.

25. Share something about yourself! I'm a bit of a pool shark. If you couldn't tell by my story of how FI and I met at the pool hall. LOL! I started playing in college and some how feel in love with the game. I've played in a few tournaments and charity events.

Wedding date July 7, 2012

Re: What the heck TK! Just kick me to the curb for Knottie of the week

• For a site with so many ads, etc. I know they have the revenue to make their forum engine run better.  UGH!! 

Carla you smart cookie you!  :)

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Your honeymoon sounds really exciting. Can you recap your honeymoon when you come back...I would love to hear about the resort, and excursions, shopping etc that you and your soon to be husband encounter.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_what-the-heck-tk-just-kick-me-to-the-curb-for-knottie-of-the-week?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:70603a16-db2e-408b-8512-08e33d0fec18Post:9e94bfd8-21c0-43f9-a72d-8c765f115f85">Re: What the heck TK! Just kick me to the curb for Knottie of the week</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your honeymoon sounds really exciting. <strong>Can you recap your honeymoon when you come back...</strong>I would love to hear about the resort, and excursions, shopping etc that you and your soon to be husband encounter.
    Posted by Misskin[/QUOTE]

I sure will! And I share a few pics....well the rated G ones. LOL! As far as excursions, I'm looking forward to ziplinning, horseback riding and 4-wheeling.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • In Response to

>Re: What the heck TK! Just kick me to the curb for Knottie of the week:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What the heck TK! Just kick me to the curb for Knottie of the week : I sure will! And I share a few pics....well the rated G ones. LOL!
    Posted by Carla1019[/QUOTE]

Oooooohhhh!!! I'm telllllliiinnngggg!!! LOL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards