Moms and Maids
Options

Mom bringing a guest.. but she doesn't know who yet!?

My mother asked me today if she can bring a date to my wedding. No problem... except that she isn't dating anybody and when I asked her who she would like to bring, she said "I don't know." 

Is that weird? I said that was okay, but the more I think about it, I think it was a little rude. Maybe I'm just making a big deal out of nothing, but I wanted to see what other ladies thought of it. She ended up RSVPing with 2 and I told her to let me know 3 weeks before the wedding if she has a guest or not.

Just for background's sake, my fiance and I are paying for the wedding on our own. My mom's family isn't very close, so maybe she wants to bring a guest so she will feel more comfortable? 

Re: Mom bringing a guest.. but she doesn't know who yet!?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I'm sure that's it.  Nobody wants to be uncomfortable in a social situation.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It would be rude of a friend to ask if she could bring a random date to your wedding. I don't think that same rule should apply to your mom.

• Options
    Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I think your mom is a really good expception to the whole "not dating someone but wants to bring a date" rule. IMO, pretty much anyone who changed your poopy diapers is an exception to that rule.
  • Options
    jerseydeviljerseydevil member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely let your mom bring a guest.

Especially since she isn't very close with her family.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Simply Fated - hahaha!! That's definitely a good point :) 

Thanks, all. I was kind of on the fence about how I felt (I certainly wasn't going to back and say no or anything). I just wanted other input! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards