June 2013 Weddings

Friday Thread

I'm really bored at work right now, anyone else? Hoping it will pick up later. In the meantime, what's everyone doing this weekend? Today was supposed to be a happy day, last day of work then vaca for a week, but FI just texted me and he got transferred to a store like an hour away from home. I feel bad for him. His boss said in Oct he would get moved to the office and promoted to a new company, but he tends to lie a lot so we will see what happens.

Anyway, I still have not packed for vaca. FI and I are bbqing with my parents today, tomorrow I have a Mani and pedi then a baby shower, and Sunday is FI niece 2nd birthday party. Busy weekend, can't wait to leave.

What are all of you up to? Anything interesting to share?
Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image

Re: Friday Thread

• Well today I'm off so I am running errands on campus. And crap this reminded me to pull out dinner lol. Tomorrow FI and I are going to the eastern shore to his hunting farm to go watch all the deer with our video camara and eat at a local restaurant down there that's awesome. Sunday my bridesmaids and I are going dress shopping and it looks like they want to go boot shopping too lol. The only place in md that has a good selection of cowboy boots is three miles from where David's and Alfred Angelo's is.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • rmp, Oh no, that stinks that your FI got transferred to a new store! I had that issue last year with my FI, but now he has a local job. So, it could change in a snap! Hopefully his boss doesn't jerk him around with all the lies, that's no good.

ashli, have fun bridesmaid dress shopping!! Let me know how it goes. I found dresses I loved at Afred Angelo online, but i'm hoping they are as cute in person! I have bridesmaid's from all over, so i figured this would be an easy way for everyone to get a dress.

This weekend my FSIL visiting from Miami, and she will be here for a few weeks. She is one of my bridesmaids, so hopefully she will be able to help me with some things. I need everyones help!

Also, on Sunday we are meeting w/a possible officiant. He called back pretty much right away when I inquired on his website. He seems very warm and easy to talk to. I hope we like him in person as much as I liked him over the phone! I am having a beach/nautical wedding, and he is a sea captain/former merchant marine, and was a first responder on 9/11 in NYC. He's got great credentials, to say the least!! And he's local, which is a huge plus. I will update you all on Sunday after we meet with him! I can't wait!!!

Hope everyone has a good one!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Hi ladies! We are taking it easy this weekend, we are going away for my birthday next week so we are saving up some extra $ for it. Plus FI is working both days this weekend again. :( So I plan on doing some more research for wedding vendors and maybe calling around to schedule our appointments. Oh, and I can finally apply for my U.S. citizenship in 2 weeks - I've had a green card for the past five years, but I'm excited that I can become a citizen. So I'm also working on putting all the paper work together for the process.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited July 2012
    TGIF. FI and I are both at work, but he gets off at 2 thanks to some overtime hours worked earlier this week. Once he comes home, we'll straighten the house up a little, get everything cat related ready for my mom, and pack a bag. We're going to St. Louis this weekend for the Rascal Flatts concert (tonight!!!) and to spend some time with his family and friends. I'm pretty excited. As for now, it's lunch time so I'm heading home to eat and get some laundry done!
    June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My DJ/Video guy said he would let us swap the DJ portion of our contract for an upgraded video package. So we're getting a band and all-day video coverage! I'm so fricken excited, I'm not getting anything done at work! (Which isn't any different from any other day)

Cake! - June 2013
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just got back to Dallas last night from spending 5 long days in Orlando and no it wasn't vacation. We had our annual product education conference which means 9 hour days in training sessions, mandatory dinners. Of coarse once we are free it's going to the bar a drinking alot to relieve the pain of the day. The Peabody was a beautiful hotel with very bad service and really bad food.
     Needless to say I'm glad to be home.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I went dress shopping agian today. I still didn't buy anything. We went to three stores and I think I've got it narrowed down to two. I don't know. It's annoying. Tomorrow we're spending all day on the deck, then Sunday I have to do grad school because my the class ends a week from today and I still have two more assingments to do. Blahhhhh.
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Happy Friday everyone. It sounds like everyone has such exciting plans. I have to work this weekend, so boo to that, but I will be in Vegas next weekened. I hate my job, so I applied for another one and they sent me an email within a few hours of sending them one. I am pretty excited but trying to not get my hopes up in case it falls through.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Going out tonight to celebrate the new job!
    No plans this weekend but going to Chicago on Tuesday to meet w a videographer and to try this so-called Chicago-style pizza!
    Glad to see that a lot of girls have found time to do something other than wedding plan! Congrats on that!!
    June 2013 Sig

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Tonight I'm going out with my MOH (first time out after having the baby!) and a friend from high school to a local festival to see/hear a band play and hang out in the beer tent.

Tomorrow, I'm going shopping with my mom and have arranged a surprise lunch. I told her I'd treat her. She's never been to Olive Garden, so I chose there. My brother is at college 2 1/2 hours away and will be heading to the same town to attend a play that evening with his girlfriend. With the cancer diagnosis, I know my brother would love to have a little more time than just Sunday morning/early afternoon with her. She has NO idea my brother and his girlfriend are meeting us for lunch, let alone are going to be coming to my parents' house Saturday night! I'm so excited and I hope between me and brother's girlfriend we can get a good photo of the surprise!

• I am FINALLY on vacation! We leave tomorrow to go up to a lake house in the mountains for a week. My whole immediate family is going plus my favorite aunt and her family! Work has been horrible for the last month so I'm really really excited!
    June 2013 January Sig - Honeymoon Destination
    Negril, Jamaica!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards